Ok... at the risk of appearing really stupid (admittedly... this is my first BB), I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kangaruhl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help... Just got an 8830

Advertisement

Ok... at the risk of appearing really stupid (admittedly... this is my first BB), I just got this phone a few hours ago and am not sure if I like it or not! Hear it takes about a week or so to get used to one.

One of the problems I'm having is that when I go online, no images are appearing... why is that? Some simple fix, I hope!

Also, do emails ALWAYS show up in your messages as well as your emails? I'd really prefer only texts show up in my messages, as I get the emails elsewhere, ya know.

Sure there'll be many more questions soon, but for now I'm really wondering why there's no images online.

Another thing... I've got the ringer on the loudest setting and the volume as far as it'll go and I just don't think this phone rings very loud!

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by kangaruhl; 05-10-2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Ok... 8330, not 8830!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    1. Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?

2. Go to Messages>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes: Separate>Save.

Not sure about the other questions.

Yes, I have a Data Plan. I did what you said above, and now there's no text messages in my "messages", only emails. And only emails in my email icon as well. What's up with that?

Jocko1960 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The low ringtone volume is normal for the phone. Some preinstalled ringtones are louder than others. Just have to go through them and pick those that seem louder to you. When you add a memory card to your phone and start getting ringtones either from creating them yourself or downloading them there is a feature in Media Manager that will amplify an mp3 for you. Media Manager is included in the software you install on your PC that is on the CD that came with your phone.

The low ringer volume is the first thing people notice about some of the BlackBerrys.
    I've had both the Pearl and now the Curve same deal on both phones.

Thanks for your help... still not sure what to do for sure.

no mods no está en línea Stack level 1
    just called verizon for them to tell me that device isn't actually released till Sunday therefore some features are not available till then. ie email support that and vz nav to name a few.

im curious if you can send off a message with a hotkey or something. or track ball double click the only way?
    Last edited by no mods; 05-11-2008 at 01:00 AM.