okay im in a jam, does anyone have the step by step instructions to set ... BlackBerry Curve forum

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Question Help, Issues with tethering w/ windows vista

Advertisement

okay im in a jam, does anyone have the step by step instructions to set up the connection so i can use my phone to tether on windows Vista? I bought a new computer 2 days ago and i can't get it working. I've been able to do it on my laptop but it has windows 2003( that's what im using right now) what is the difference, when i go through the steps it asks me for a username and a password from my ISP............ I don't have an ISP thats why im trying to connect using my phone. Do i have to call T-mobile? I ve searched the forums and i got some instructions but they didn't really help me with this version of windows. Can someone please help me?

KEMATAY no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help, Issues with tethering w/ windows vista

try this link it should help http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...%200%201132277 it has step by step instructions.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by supamansimon View Post
    okay im in a jam, does anyone have the step by step instructions to set up the connection so i can use my phone to tether on windows Vista? I bought a new computer 2 days ago and i can't get it working. I've been able to do it on my laptop but it has windows 2003( that's what im using right now) what is the difference, when i go through the steps it asks me for a username and a password from my ISP............ I don't have an ISP thats why im trying to connect using my phone. Do i have to call T-mobile? I ve searched the forums and i got some instructions but they didn't really help me with this version of windows. Can someone please help me?
    In this case tmobile is your ISP. On tmobile the username and password are blank. So
    Sep one is to install the DM on the PC.
    Step two establish a connection with the DM. (must be done to add drivers to the pc)
    step 3 go to the Control Panel, Phone and Modem Options. Under the Modems tab, click on Standard Modem. (I believe there is a box to click change.) Click Properties. Click Advanced. Make sure nothing is entered in the "extra initialization commands
    Step 4 go to Control Panel, Network Connections, Create a new connection, then hit Next , Select Connect to Internet, Select Set up connection manually, select the standard modem,

Step 5 Enter T-Mobile as the ISP name, Enter *99# as the Phone Number and then click Next, Keep User Name and Password blank. Clear all the other check boxes. To create the connection, click Finish.

At this point make sure you are still connected to the DM. If so select the tmobile profile you created right click and connect and dial. Hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Thanks, the only thing is those are the instructions that i seen before, where it says windows vista it just says how to open up the phone/modems icon but the rest of the instructions are not there do you think i follow the windows Xp directions or what? im gonna call t-mobile right now to get the username and password unless someone knows it for t-mobile

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Thanks eddie im gonna give it a whirl

Good luck. Post back with results or questions.

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Okay i Followed the instructions you gave me Eddie and they worked perfectly, im using Vista now, thanks. the diffrence was that unlike the other Windows versions you don't have to enter anything in the extra initialization commands box when setting it up. Your a life saver ( saved me from having to call TMO lol)

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

okay i need help again, i was able to get the internet going and everything was fine until i disconnected it. I went back later to connect the same way and now its not letting me. I rebooted my computer and my phone and still no connection, a message pops up says something like theres no problem with the modem but it can't connect to the internet iif it continues try logging the errors. Any ideas why it might be doing this? i also have a question.... eddie you said enter tmobile as the ISP name it doesn't give me an option to input an ISP name it only says enter the information from your ISP and it asks for a username and password( which i did leave blank) im not sure what im doing diffrent this time.

Quote Originally Posted by supamansimon View Post
    okay i need help again, i was able to get the internet going and everything was fine until i disconnected it. I went back later to connect the same way and now its not letting me. I rebooted my computer and my phone and still no connection, a message pops up says something like theres no problem with the modem but it can't connect to the internet iif it continues try logging the errors. Any ideas why it might be doing this? i also have a question.... eddie you said enter tmobile as the ISP name it doesn't give me an option to input an ISP name it only says enter the information from your ISP and it asks for a username and password( which i did leave blank) im not sure what im doing diffrent this time.
    Are you connected on the DM? What error code are you getting? 692? 628? 718?

PIN/ID
    304feb1f

Okay i went to go try it again and I folowed all the steps one by one like you told me and this time it worked...... Do you have any idea why it would work sometime and not others? i tried rebooting my phone a couple times and that didn't seem like it did anything, than all of a sudden it just started working any ideas?