Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi guys, I can't seem to install the new OS on my 8320 curve. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

heresiarh no está en línea Stack level 2

Help installing OS4.5 on TMOBILE (USA) Curve 8320

Advertisement

Hi guys,

I can't seem to install the new OS on my 8320 curve. I downloaded it from blackberry.com. Whenever I run an update it says my device software is up-to-date. Please advise. Thx.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Heresiarh, welcome to PinStack!

Have you followed these instructions to a "T"? I suspect you either have not removed the vendor.xml file or you have more than one 4.5 OS on your PC.

Roger

Works Fine?

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Heresiarh, welcome to PinStack!

Have you followed to a "T"? I suspect you either have not removed the vendor.xml file or you have more than one 4.5 OS on your PC.

Roger

I'm following the steps right now. Will post soon with update.... Thx!

Btw, will the phone work fine if I upgrade? TMOBILE is still sitting at 4.2.

Yes, barring any unforeseen circumstances with the upgrade, it should work flawlessly. The carrier is unimportant as long as the OS is specific to your device.

One note I need to add to those instructions is to remove the media card from the device prior to the upgrade. Media cards have been known to cause issues if not removed for the upgrade.

Yes, barring any unforeseen circumstances with the upgrade, it should work flawlessly. The carrier is unimportant as long as the OS is specific to your device.

One note I need to add to those instructions is to remove the media card from the device prior to the upgrade. Media cards have been known to cause issues if not removed for the upgrade.
    Well, I just tried to do the install after deleting the vendor.xml file. The desktop software did not pick up any new updates. It just sat there idle.

Now I'm going to try it without the media card and see if it works.

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    Make sure you reboot your computer after installing the operating system software. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Well, I had desktop software version 4.3 installed, and I am trying to update to device software 4.3. Do you think that could be the problem? Right now I'm downloading Desktop software 4.6.

Please advise.

Sorry, I thought you were upgrading to a 4.5 OS. What is the current OS on your device? Go to Options>About, 3rd line down.

As for DM 4.3, no that shouldn't be an issue, but 4.6 will work as well.

Sorry, I thought you were upgrading to a 4.5 OS. What is the current OS on your device? Go to Options>About, 3rd line down.
    Yes I am trying to upgrade to device OS 4.5. But my desktop OS is 4.3. My current phone OS is 4.2.2.180

At the moment I'm download deskstop OS 4.6. Lets see if that lets me update device software to OS 4.5.

Am I making any sense?

LOL! It's just that in post you said you're trying to update to update to device software 4.3! Now I gotcha!

Did you uninstall the 4.3 DM prior to downloading 4.6? Not that it's entirely necessary, but sometimes it's just better to have a clean install.

And then you're sure you deleted the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader ?

Reboot your PC after the DM install, make sure the vendor.xml file is gone, connect the device to the PC and then launch DM.

LOL! It's just that in post you said you're trying to update to update to device software 4.3! Now I gotcha!

Did you uninstall the 4.3 DM prior to downloading 4.6? Not that it's entirely necessary, but sometimes it's just better to have a clean install.

And then you're sure you deleted the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader ?

Reboot your PC after the DM install, make sure the vendor.xml file is gone, connect the device to the PC and then launch DM.
    I've done all the uninstalling needed. I'm in process of downloading DM4.6

After that, I will try the DS update. Will post once I see some result. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by heresiarh View Post
    I've done all the uninstalling needed. I'm in process of downloading DM4.6

After that, I will try the DS update. Will post once I see some result. Thx!
    Alright, I give up. I tried everything by the book. I guess TMOBILE has a better lock on its OS .......

Ok heres the thing. Whenever I install DS 4.5, it brings back Vendor.xml. Whats up with that?
    Last edited by heresiarh; 10-06-2008 at 06:19 PM.

The vendor.xml file is a part of the OS software package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast