Hi guys, i need some help again here. I recently downloaded a newer version of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jonarsh no está en línea Stack level 1

Help in uninstallation..

Advertisement

Hi guys,

i need some help again here. I recently downloaded a newer version of the bb handheld OS as well as the desktop manager. But when I tried to uninstall the previous version, it kept telling me to 'close' the program before doing so, and I have checked the program, I have already closed it! I tried many times even restarting my pc but it doesn't work..hope you experts can give me some pointers, thanks!

*Jonarsh*

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Help in uninstallation..

chances are you have have device manager set to start up when computer starts. rather than restarting again, press control, alt, delete and go to task manager then click the processes tab. that displays everything running on your system. close the ones related to bb and then try going back to the add/remove window.

also, to downgrade the handset, all you'll need to remove is latest "blackberry v4.2.x for the 83xx wireless handheld" (the x's being whatever version it is you have), you can leave the desktop software.
    Last edited by blackninja; 10-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.

jonarsh no está en línea Stack level 1

i tried the method...still didn't workl, do you have another way of uninstallation..?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

try running windows in safe mode.