I can't make Yahoo Messanger work on my AT&T curve and I won't have time ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

Help! I'm trying to delete YahooMess. but its not in Applications!? r/o

Advertisement

I can't make Yahoo Messanger work on my AT&T curve and I won't have time anytime soon to go through the process of downloading Y!M service book, reloading service books, etc to make it work. I want to delete it off my BB so I can start over later when I have some time. However, Its not listed in Applications or service books! How can I delete this program if its not showing up in applications? It doesn't show up in Desktop manager applications either.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Help! I'm trying to delete YahooMess. but its not in Applications!? r/o

I dont think it can be deleted. I think it is a necessary application within the OS of your blackberry. If you know anything about coding etc or know someone on this board who is maybe they can try and look into the OS and make an upgrade of it to not include that messenger. Other than that I dont know what else you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by withoutink
    I dont think it can be deleted. I think it is a necessary application within the OS of your blackberry. If you know anything about coding etc or know someone on this board who is maybe they can try and look into the OS and make an upgrade of it to not include that messenger. Other than that I dont know what else you can do.
    But it didn't come on the phone originally. I put it on there...now I can't get it off.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Where did you get the program from? Was it through your web browser and you installed it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by withoutink
    Where did you get the program from? Was it through your web browser and you installed it that way?
    yup through the browser

PIN/ID
    ask me

then it cant be deleted. It is part of the browser software the only thing i could think of would be to reflash your OS to get rid of it. I have done that on a different blackberry before and as long as you follow the steps it isnt too hard at all.