* go to Control Panel, Printers and Other Hardware, Phone and Modem Options. Under the Modems tab, click on Standard Modem. Click Properties. Click Advanced. Make sure nothing is entered in the "extra initialization commands."
* on the berry, go to Options, Advanced, TCP and enter "wap.voicestream.com" after APN:
* go to Control Panel, Network Connections, Create a new connection, then hit Next
*Select Connect to Internet
* Select Set up connection manually
*Select Connect using a dial-up modem. Check the box next to the modem you created above and then click Next.
* Enter T-Mobile as the ISP name
* Enter *99# as the Phone Number and then click Next
* Keep User Name and Password blank. Clear all the other check boxes.
* To create the connection, click Finish.
* right click on the dial-up connection under Network Connections, then click Properties. Below the PPP window click Settings and uncheck all boxes except "enable LCP Extensions."
* make sure the blackberry is connected to Desktop Manager on the laptop.
* Under Network Connections, right-click on the Dial-up connection for T-Mobile that we just created. Click Connect. Click Dial.