Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT AN 8310 CURVE AND I CANT MAKE OUTGOING VOICE CALLS AND ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blackberry604 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!! I Think I Got Ripped Off

Advertisement

I JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT AN 8310 CURVE AND I CANT MAKE OUTGOING VOICE CALLS AND SAY "EMERGENCY CALLS ALLOWED" .. THE GUY LOOKED REALLY SHADY I THINK HE HAD IT FOR DIRTY USE.. IS THERE ANY WAY TO RESTORE CALLING ON THIS PHONE OR AM I SCREWED?? I DONT HAVE A DATA PACKAGE YET BUT THE SMALL edge is on the right hand corner any help would be greatl!!!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    We will need a little more info.

What carrier are you on?
    What carrier is the device from?

I've never heard of this before, the device could just be locked by the info that you have stated, but that's just a guess.

Also there's no need to yell

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    "Emergency Calls Only" is usually due to the service. If your active connection still says "edge" then that a bit weird seeing as how its reading some form of data but no voice.
    ~via BOLD (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is At&t your carrier? If not, is the phone unlocked?

the phone is unlocked cause i see small edge . if not the sim card would be rejected. i just cant call out any way to restore voice policies?

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    What does the carrier say? Was the phone reported as stolen?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Did you call and have them enter the IMEI onto your account or are you just trying to stick the sim? Sometimes it will fix a lot of problems to link the IMEI to the account.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like an IT policy on it. I bought one a while ago and had the same thing happen. I removed the policy and then regular calls were allowed.

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wipe it. That will clear all settings and hope it gets you back up and going. Be sure to get a new OS, desktop manager, and then get on pinstack and search for upgrade directions. Its on here, lots and lots of times. And if you get an error, chances are that its covered here too! lol

**No it doesn't matter what carrier the OS is from. Just delete the vendor.xml file in the appropriate folder.**

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you can't make voice calls, there is a good chance that the phone was stolen and the IMEI is blacklisted.

Did you get an original charger with this purchase? That's a pretty good indicator of whether the phone is stolen.

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyth View Post
    If you can't make voice calls, there is a good chance that the phone was stolen and the IMEI is blacklisted.

Did you get an original charger with this purchase? That's a pretty good indicator of whether the phone is stolen.
    Its an IT policy on the phone, I had the exact same experience. Its not that he's making a call and it wont go through. The blackberry itself wont even let him make a call unless its an emergency # - policy retriction, remove and all good.

i dont think the phones stolen someone told me its probably an it policy anyways any downloads to remove it or does someone know how to restore it??i have already wiped the device its still doing the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    Sounds like an IT policy on it. I bought one a while ago and had the same thing happen. I removed the policy and then regular calls were allowed.
    how did you restore it to normal use??

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by blackberry604 View Post
    i dont think the phones stolen someone told me its probably an it policy anyways any downloads to remove it or does someone know how to restore it??i have already wiped the device its still doing the same thing
    How did you wipe the phone? Did you use JL commander? That is the best way to do it. Then download your carriers OS software. Install it. Then take out the battery and open DM. Plug in your phone to the computer. Go to applications. It will recognize the pin. Select it and it will detect your installed OS.

It should bring up a list of apps, check the boxes that you want to add to your phone. Then click next and finish. It will start to download to your phone. Put the battery back in your phone and wait about an hour until it completes. Don't unplug or turn off the computer during the process. It should work.

After you will need to send service books from your carrier and go to options/advanced/host routing table and click menu and register. Make sure you have changed your device with the pin and ime# with your carrier. You should be able to do this online at your carriers website.

Good Luck and hope this helps.

jason1114 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wiping the device will not remove the policy no ,atter how you do it. You need to remove the IT policy via desktopmanager with the instruction in these posts

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._policy-66329/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast