Hi everyone. I'm having a major problem which has really left me clueless. Here's the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kendrick87 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    216413F3

HELP! I can't upgrade device software!

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I'm having a major problem which has really left me clueless. Here's the DL-

I just bought a Blackberry 8320. It came running 4.2.2.180 software. I'm trying to upgrade it to the latest 4.5 OS but it's not working! I'm quite experienced in this so I'm very clueless as to why. Here's what I've done and it hasn't worked-

1- I am using the 4.6 Desktop Manager
    2- I downloaded and installed the 4.5.0.81 device software
    3- I deleted the Vendor file
    4- I ran the App Loader but it does not recognize that there is new software for my device.

What should I do? PLEASE HELP. Thanks so much!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and clicking the loader file found there and see if it will notice it that way.

PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Try going into c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and clicking the loader file found there and see if it will notice it that way.
    Didn't work

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You've got to delete the vendor file AFTER running/installing upgrade. Find it by going to Start, Search. Then usb BB, open DM. Should ask if you want to install upgrade

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Do you have any other operating systems installed on your pc. If so uninstall them. Also reboot your pc and bb then try again. We will go through the easier things first. Double check that the vendor.xml is gone also.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Thanks for your suggestions guys. I've upgraded my phone software on many phones many times. I know how to do it. For some reason it's just not working. I know about the magic deletion of the vendor file. I've tried rebooting. I've tried reinstalling Desktop Manager and the handheld software...all to no avail. I called T-Mobile and they had no clue, so they transferred me to RIM's technical department and I'm currently on hold....
    Last edited by kendrick87; 11-29-2008 at 05:10 PM.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    I found on vers 4.5.0.101, with 5. 4.6, that it would not install with the vendor file deleted. Go figure, it's backwards!! 1st time that's ever happened!! I use the 8830WE from Verizon.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    have you checked the connection manager to make sure the connection to your 8320 is being seen as USB or bluetooth. I presume USB for this issue. But check the bb connection manager on your computer to see if its being seen there.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Doubt its the device have you tried a clean uninstall of desktop manager and uninstalling the operating system? If not do that and go into program files/common files and delete the research in motion folder totally after uninstall. Reboot your system and reinstall both DM and OS. Delete the vendor file and reboot PC and device then plug in BB and open DM if this doesn't do it then call . That's just what I would try and have with success. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    216413F3
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Doubt its the device have you tried a clean uninstall of desktop manager and uninstalling the operating system? If not do that and go into program files/common files and delete the research in motion folder totally after uninstall. Reboot your system and reinstall both DM and OS. Delete the vendor file and reboot PC and device then plug in BB and open DM if this doesn't do it then call . That's just what I would try and have with success. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You must know what you're talking about. While on the phone, they had me do all of the above and none of it worked. FINALLY, they had me go to http://www.blackberry.com/update and for some reason it worked doing it all online. Go figure. Case closed Thanks everybody.