Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello. Y all my email still only showing letters no image eventhough I already fix ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648

help HTML mail?

Advertisement

Hello. Y all my email still only showing letters no image eventhough I already fix everythin on option folder I highlight. Show html image and wln. Plz tell me what I'm supposted to be looking 4. Cause is like before the upgrade to this version. Thx

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    Are you on BIS or BES? BES email still comes through text only via 4.5 (depending on the BES settings and version that can change, but most have that option shut off).

PIN/ID
    2896B648
    What is bes mail~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

woodi68 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    woodi68
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~BES is Business Enterprise System. If your work gave you the BlackBerry then you probably have that. If you bought it on your own then you likely have BIS.

If you have BIS and you upgraded to 4.5 you'll need to login to you "Email Setup" (icon on BlackBerry) and resend service books.

PIN/ID
    2896B648
    Yes I did it but still my mail r showing a lot of letter like link. I'd this what I'm suppost to c or image on my mail. Plz tell me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    For security reasons, external images will need to be "asked" for. When you receive an e-mail and open it, press the BB menu button, scroll to and select Get Images.

extraducksauce no está en línea Stack level 2
    i only see e-mail embedded images, not those hosted on external servers (e.g., imageshack.us). even if i dl all images (exposing my identity), it will re-dl the images, show message as new, but the images are still blank boxes. this is a bit frustrating, so if anyone has a work around, that would be great.

i've thrown every at it plus the kitchen sick to get the image to show, but to no avail; images post-step (see below) still led to blank image boxes.
    (1) message options>email settings: enable HTML & DL image automatically, plus battery pull
    (2) Re-send service books from phone, plus battery pull
    (3) Re-send service books from BIS, plus battery pull
    (4) Delete service books, re-created accounts, plus battery pull

Is there a difference running pop3 vs imap with the image fetching? i have pop3 disabled and imap enabled. I like the IMAP functionality of my Outlook, so I'm not likely to change it. I've also read that enabling pop3 AND IMAP will result in intermittent e-mail retrieval because of conflicts.

The last thing I tried was to change my TCP settings, APN: wap.voicestream.com (T-mobile USA) . . . still no dice.

I think I'm going to give up on this. I think everyone is lying about the HTML working on 4.5. LOL.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    Quote Originally Posted by extraducksauce View Post
    I think I'm going to give up on this. I think everyone is lying about the HTML working on 4.5. LOL.

>_< That is no fun that it doesn't work. I am not sure what suggestions I could offer, but I know for a fact that HTML emails are working on my 8320 with 4.5. I see emails that go to my gmail account with color tables and images.

Hope you get yours going soon.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I had the same problem while using a beta version of 4.5. Are you still using hte beta or have you installed a final release?
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

londel no está en línea Stack level 2
    i only see e-mail embedded images, not those hosted on external servers (e.g., imageshack.us). even if i dl all images (exposing my identity), it will re-dl the images, show message as new, but the images are still blank boxes. this is a bit frustrating, so if anyone has a work around, that would be great.

i've thrown every at it plus the kitchen sick to get the image to show, but to no avail; images post-step (see below) still led to blank image boxes.
    (1) message options>email settings: enable HTML & DL image automatically, plus battery pull
    (2) Re-send service books from phone, plus battery pull
    (3) Re-send service books from BIS, plus battery pull
    (4) Delete service books, re-created accounts, plus battery pull

Is there a difference running pop3 vs imap with the image fetching? i have pop3 disabled and imap enabled. I like the IMAP functionality of my Outlook, so I'm not likely to change it. I've also read that enabling pop3 AND IMAP will result in intermittent e-mail retrieval because of conflicts.

The last thing I tried was to change my TCP settings, APN: wap.voicestream.com (T-mobile USA) . . . still no dice.

I have done every thing extraducksauce did and i still don't get html. I am on tmo in NYC and have an 8320. This has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks now.

i think that me being on a e-mail only plan is hindering me dl'ing the images from an external server.

Quote Originally Posted by londel View Post
    I have done every thing extraducksauce did and i still don't get html. I am on tmo in NYC and have an 8320. This has been driving me crazy for 2 weeks now.
    do you have or are you on a data/e-mail plan?
    Last edited by extraducksauce; 09-06-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atleastzero View Post
    >_< That is no fun that it doesn't work. I am not sure what suggestions I could offer, but I know for a fact that HTML emails are working on my 8320 with 4.5. I see emails that go to my gmail account with color tables and images.

Hope you get yours going soon.

i get the color tables, rich text (size/fonts), but only embedded (e-mail) images.

londel no está en línea Stack level 2
    i think that me being on a e-mail only plan is hindering me dl'ing the images from an external server.

do you have or are you on a data/e-mail plan?
    I have data/email on BIS

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Okay, when you get a new message and open it, do you press the BB menu button (to the left of the trackball), scroll to Get Images and select that? If so, what happens then?

Quote Originally Posted by londel View Post
    I have data/email on BIS
    try adding this to your TCP settings, APN: wap.voicestream.com
    and registering your Host Routing Table, and pull your battery (for fun and good measure).

that may work on your future e-mails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast