i noticed on my bbcurve 8320 that my battry wont last me as before..i could ... BlackBerry Curve forum

elwiri0215 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question help !having trouble with battery life

Advertisement

i noticed on my bbcurve 8320 that my battry wont last me as before..i could charge it full charged before i leave to work and it would die off quick..before it would last me till next day

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    How long have you had the device? Could be it's time for a new battery!

ive had it a couple months maybe 5 months

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    That's not very long then. Do you have a lot of 3rd party applications running on your device?

sorry to ask this but i kinda dont know about this freakin phone what is 3rd party applications?

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any applications you added vs ones preloaded as part of RIM's OS.

all i have is about 4 themes i recently just added a game and thats about it

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you're using animated themes they take more resources and will burn battery life a bit quicker.

You mentioned you had the phone for 5 months. If you jumped from OS 4.2 to 4.5 during that time, 4.5 takes more resources and will burn the battery quicker too.

Do you have a data plan?

schreiberd no está en línea Stack level 1
    el, on the curve you can hold the alt button and the back arrow at the same time, and itll pop up a list of all applications you have running on your blackberry, which if not knowing this tidbit, will really drain a battery very quickly. anyways, once you hit the backarrow, a slender list of apps will pop up, when one is selected, you need to hit the berry, then make sure you scroll down to close, the phone icon, sms icon, blackberry msgr icon, browser icon, and the home icon will always be on there no matter what, but just keep doing this until you have all but those closed out, and just remember in the future to always scroll and close an app instead of just hitting the end call button to get out, i hope this has been some help, and you should see the results

BB4Lyfe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24AA7F90
    OMG! U guys rock! I learn something new everytime I sign on to PS!

BB's rule! iPhone's drool!

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok. I am a very experienced BlackBerry user and ever since NYE my phone has been doing this as well. I don't do anything differently as far as running applications and using the device, so I have no idea what's going on. I'm very frustrated and i can not wait to just get the new Curve when it comes out, lol.

starfall no está en línea Stack level 2
    You can also call T-Mobile and explain to them your battery issue. If your berry is still covered through manufactures warranty (I think its a year) tmo will send you a fresh battery and charger.

I had a similar issue with my curve and they sent me a battery and charger. But it turned out it was the device so they sent me a replacement which I got today lol.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~