Hi, I installed OS 4.5.0.55 onto my blackberry Curve 8310. Everything seems fine except: 1. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbjake66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help "File Total" is missing after install OS 4.5.0.55

Advertisement

Hi,

I installed OS 4.5.0.55 onto my blackberry Curve 8310. Everything seems fine except:

1. under options>status> "File Total" is missing/hidden. I only see "File Free"

2. I use to have a lot more memory freed up. I now only have 14,102,564Bytes.

a) Is it possible that when I deleted unused apps, that they were not deleted properly? It seems whenever I deleted something, the memory did not get added back to the "File Free" pool?

b) Is it lost somewhere. how do I free it up? or make it visible again.

c) Or, how do I know exactly what space my apps are taking, so that I can calculate the file sizes individually to verify if there is a memory leak or loss?
    Thanks for you help

"File Total" missing/hidden after OS 4.5.0.55 installation???

Hi,

I installed OS 4.5.0.55 onto my blackberry Curve 8310. Everything seems fine except:

a) Is it possible that when I deleted unused apps, that they were not deleted properly? It seems whenever I deleted something, the memory did not get added back to the "File Free" pool?

c) Or, how do I know exactly what space my apps are taking, so that I can calculate the file sizes individually to verify if there is a memory leak or loss?
    Thanks for you help

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjake66 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for you help
    1. That's how it works on my 8300 as well. File Total does not show under options>status, but from the home screen ALT+CAP+H will show it.

a. You can check the modules, to make sure they are deleted from there. options>advanced options>Applications or menu then modules. From the modules screen you can also see how many bytes the modules take up.

Latest OS: 8310 4.5.0.81 / 4.5.0.55 (MultiLanguage)

This is the version/release I used

Download here: Updateservice:
    Scroll down to Blackberry Firmware and find the 8310

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8310:

1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed.
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
    3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
    The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

Latest OS: 8310 4.5.0.81 / 4.5.0.55 (MultiLanguage)

ownload here: Updateservice
    Scroll down to Blackberry Firmware and find the 8310

Instructions for installing on ANY carrier's 8310:

1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed.
    BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com
    2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
    3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
    The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.

Thank you, Alt+Cap+H worked, its weird it use to show up in status, anyways as long as it it is available elsewhere.

Now I jsut have to figure out how to recover/free up missing/hidden memory

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I no longer have that as well.....I have been on 4.5 for 2-3 months now....just something I accepted as a bug....

I really dont have an issue with memory on my BB..i reboot alot and dont have many APPS on my BB
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

it was not clear, but the version I installed was OS 4.5.0.55 release 81

Can anyone tell me if there has been a newer one released or available at another carrier?

Someone just told me another place where I could see "File Total"

Alt+Cap+H

Thanks

it was not clear, but the version i installed was 4.5.0.55 release 81

Can anyone tell me is there is a newer one available for the curve?

the device manager or software 4.5.0.55 (81) was available from Vodaphone A1 i think from Germany
    Blackberry Updateservice
    http : // members . a1 . net / updateservice / bb /

I used Desktop manager OS 4.6

Should I have used Desktop manager OS 4.5 or does it not make a difference?

the device manager or software 4.5.0.55 (81) was available from Vodaphone A1 i think from Germany
    Blackberry Updateservice

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    The DM version 4.5 or 4.6 won't matter. There is not a newer official release higher than .55 available yet.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Someone just told me another place where I could see "File Total"

Alt+Cap+H

Thanks
    wow that's way easier then hitting ALT+ E A C E
    thanks man!

Blackberry Updateservice

it should not matter if you used 4.6 or 4.5
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    bbjake, I merged your threads
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4