My phone (Curve through AT&T) is 43 days old. This morning it started an endless ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kilted Gnome no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24134FF4

Thumbs down HELP - endless reboot loop now

Advertisement

My phone (Curve through AT&T) is 43 days old. This morning it started an endless reboot loop and won't stop. Any way to interrupt the cycle and reinstall a clean OS?

I called AT&T and they said I could order a refurbished phone that would take 3-4 days to arrive unless I wanted to pay for shipping. Apparently I do not matter as a customer (spent $299 for phone, $30 for case, $80 for memory chip less than 45 days ago). They of course pointed the finger that it is "Rim's fault" that the phone didn't last. Also, AT&T doesn't have insurance on Blackberries (I see why now). I refuse to have paid all this money to now be stuck with a "Used" phone, so if anyone can't help me with a solution to fix the existing phone, I will have to spend another $175 to cancel my contract and go elsewhere.

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: HELP - endless reboot loop now

When faced with this problem I used the steps outlined here. It took several tries, but did eventually fix my endless reboot and saved me. May be worth a shot.

Kilted Gnome no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24134FF4

UPDATE: After 3 hours at the AT&T store where I set service up....The Store Manager was extremely nice and said he would replace the phone with a new out of the box phone. It took 4 phones before we found one that was working correctly. There is a strong possibility that there is a bad batch phones recognizing the memory card. The phones boot up correctly without a card, but my phone and new ones go into a reset cycle with my memory card (at&t) and even a new at&t memory card. They said they would contact RIM and let them know of this issue.

soctechnologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Thumbs up Re: HELP - endless reboot loop now

Thanks for the update. Good to know for others who may post a similar problem. Glad you got a new berry out of it.

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

i had to reset the OS..