I bought a new 8900 yesterday after comparing plans from t mobile and at&t. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

help, defect in new 8900 or me?

Advertisement

I bought a new 8900 yesterday after comparing plans from t mobile and at&t. I picked it up from best buy on my way to work. The batt was low and apparently died while in its sleeve over the course of the night. Wasn't concerned because I figured I'd charge it when I got home. I'd get a few hours sleep and then play with my new toy.

Well its been charging for two hours. It won't come on while plugged in, or unplugged. The ONLY thing I did was put my 1 gig card in it before it died. I literally have not had time to do anything else with it. I've tried charging with the included charger and through USB cables that are good.

Is it a defective phone? Is there something I should be doing other than holding the red "end" key to power it up?

Gotta get a few hours sleep before going back to work. Any help would be appreciated. This is bugging me and I can't sleep.

Thanks.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Well since BlackBerries run Java they take an extremely long time to turn on and load the OS when they have completely dies (lost ALL battery power). Since you just go the phone AND you didn't charge it this is most likely the issue. Let it charge a bit more (make sure the USB cable is tightly in on both ends) and check back soon. Any minute not it should turn on if it still works. Just pray (or if atheist cross your fingers lol) that it turns on.

Hopefully its ok. I took out the sim, batt, and mem card for a bit. Plugged it in without those and the LED came on red. Put them all back and it still glowed red. Encouraged I left it alone.
    Now the screen shows a batt with the lightning bolt through it. Won't turn off or on, but its showing signs of improvement.
    Thanks for the reply btw.
    ~via smartphone~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You (unfortunately) made the mistake of not charging the battery out-of-the-box. For faster charge, use the AC/DC current from the outlet. USB from the laptop seems to lag at times and takes a while to "top off". Once you let it charge completly, I think you should be fine. ~via smartphone~
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 02-15-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Yeah, I'm impatient. Its gone from bad to worse however. Now that the phone works I see that despite what I was told I have no signal in my apt, which makes the service virtually worthless. No way to get highspeed (and wouldn't just for phone service anyway). Looks like I'll have to give up my new toy. ~via smartphone~

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yeah, I'm impatient. Its gone from bad to worse however. Now that the phone works I see that despite what I was told I have no signal in my apt, which makes the service virtually worthless. No way to get highspeed (and wouldn't just for phone service anyway). Looks like I'll have to give up my new toy. ~via smartphone~
    That's the same reason I had to give up my Bold. No service @ home with AT&T and 5 bars with T-Mo.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Do u have wifi at home if so that's all you need you can make calls receive data faster on wifi

~via smartphone~

No wifi. Live in the hills. Sat is the only highspeed available. Not paying that just to have service. Going to unlock 8900 to use on at&t, gf going to use tmobile. She's not her as much. ~via smartphone~