Device: BlackBerry Curve 8320 (Tmobile) A few days ago my BB Curve 8320 spontaneously just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cbb1122009 no está en línea Stack level 1

help! dead blackberry / recovering data

Advertisement

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8320 (Tmobile)

A few days ago my BB Curve 8320 spontaneously just turned off and would not turn on again. No blinking light, nothing. Battery was fully charged, the phone is only 2 months old, and was not damaged in any way. Battery was pulled out and re-inserted no luck. Phone taken to T-mobile store and phone tested with new battery, and still no progress. T-mobile replaced the phone free of charge.

I am struggling to recover my addressbook, text messages, and photos from the old device. Every once in a while when the phone is plugged into the charger, the old device will display a battery with a diagnol red line through it. I have attempted to use the desktop manager to recover the data, but again no luck. Most of the time, it does not recognize the phone, and I have tried what has been suggested on multiple forums, with taking the battery out, catching the desktop manager for the split second it recognizes the device on the usb port. I have been successful with that, but it won't let me sync or backup the device. It allows me to load the application loader, but when i do this, it prompts me for .alx type application loader files, even though i have downloaded the device manager software from t-mobile, so I am unable to re-load the OS. I also attempted to use the switch device wizard. This also seemed like it was working. I was able to connect both curves to my computer through different USB ports and it seemed like it was doing something, but when it's all done with the process, my new device still does not have my old addresses or text messages.

If anyone has any suggestions / advice on restoring my old device without losing the onboard data or some way to access the data so I can import that into my new curve, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

COVMACHINE no está en línea Stack level 2
    This should do it.
    use your latest back up file.
    I just did a test with the trial, not sure if you'll need to purchase to transfer all.

go download the trial version of this.
    ABC Amber Blackberry Converter. Google it. (I cant post links)

open your .ipd backup file with it.

select 'contacts' or whatever else you want to save.

look below the list of contacts that opened and select 'export file' and select the file type. (.csv is recommended)

hold 'ctrl' and click each contact. ( I couldn't find an easier way)

click save as.

good luck.

cbb1122009 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the information. unfortunately, the main dilemma i have is being able to access my old blackberry at all so i can back it up, at present i do not have any backup saved on my computer in IPD format/file. do you know of any way of directly accessing the phone to pull this information? thanks.