Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am new to the forums and I need help! I tried to upgrade my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ecusal25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! Curve 8310 Messed Up While Upgrading to v. 4.5

Advertisement

I am new to the forums and I need help! I tried to upgrade my Curve 8310 (AT&T), but after 30 minutes or so into the upgrade got the screen "Unable to Complete the Loading Operation" and "Unable to reconnect during a Multi-Stage Load Operation." Now the phone is locked up in a rebooting sequence with a black screen, a red led on and off, and a white screen with an hourglass. I am using DM v.4.6 with Windows XP in a Compaq laptop. I have removed the phone battery to try to reset, but no success. I have tried the article "Blackberry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked Blackberry" to no avail. The uploader wizard completes the first step "Load JVM and System Software" (erases applications and loads system software). At this point, the phone screen is black and no red led flashes. After wizard begins the second step "Waiting for Device Initialization" the phone begins the whole rebooting number again. After trying "Reconnecting to JVM" for several minutes, the screen "Unable to Complete Loading Operation" shows. I have tried plugging the phone to USB with battery off and replacing, but it's no go either.

Any ideas anyone??? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try this first.

Followed the steps given, but still "Unable to Reconnect...". I also tried to upgrade earlier in another laptop computer, but did not go through.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try going to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and running the loader file from there.

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Did you try wiping with JL cmdr? It might help you. Worked for me

I have tried app loader some 20-25 times between yesterday and today. Still, I just tried it one more time, but nothing. By the way, since the phone is in this constant rebooting mode, when the phone is connected to the USB port, the screen "Select Device to Connect" shows two choices in the "PIN" selection: USB-PIN 242C8176 (when the phone screen is white) and USB-PIN UNKNOWN (black screen). I just used UNKNOWN, does it make any difference which to use?

No, I haven't tried JL cmdr. What is it?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Its a app that make wiping a BB easy. It won't unlock it though. Its here on the stack http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452
    Last edited by Safiy; 12-16-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by "it won't unlock it"? And if I use this JL cmdr, do you think it will help the phone break from the rebooting cycle?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    jl will wipe your device and totally remove any operating system from it. In most cases you should then be able to connect to Desktop and then reinstall an Operating System.

What did Safiy mean by "it won't unlock" the phone? And moderncowboy, you wrote "in most cases..." so there is a chance that the OS won't load?

PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    Fist thing, don't worry it's very hard to brick your BB. Try without battery first. Open the JL Cndr program, press 4, follow instructions. If it wont wipe without battery do the last step in JL when the phone is cycled on. If your quick enough JL should take over.

to ecusal25 I just didn't want any confusion as to what "wiping" meant

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    OK if you wipe your device there is always a chance that something will go wrong. Didn't mean to scare you. Right now it is basically down. Correct? Use JL to wipe your device and then reboot your PC. Reconnect your BB and then start Desktop Manager. If that doesn't work there are many other steps to get it going again.

I just tried JL several times, with and without the battery on. I typed blackberry in JL, waited for the phone screen to come on, immediately pressed Enter, JL screen says "Connecting to Device..." but as soon as the phone screen goes black, JL quits and goes back to main menu.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Go to my blog in my sig and look at the link about JL written by lavagirl and make sure you are doing all you need to do to get it to work. This seems to be happening to a few people and all the fixes I know of haven't been working. Maybe I am missing something and if I am someone please feel free to jump in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast