I just downloaded the 5.0 OS and now I cannot figure out how to get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

drusmom no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP! Cant find my apps!

Advertisement

I just downloaded the 5.0 OS and now I cannot figure out how to get my BB App store, Facebook or BBMessenger to show. I think it said something about having to reinstall them and I did download the BB App store application but I cannot find the icon...what do I do??? I am so frustrated that I just might go back to the old OS! Can someone help, please??

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Check the IM folder for BBM and your other folders for the rest. They might be hidden there.

No they arnt there. When I go look at the list of apps under settings it says they are there but I cannot find/ figure out how to find them or make them appear.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Did you check the downloads folder?

Zo

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Try a battery pull to see if they reappear after that. I re-loaded my OS yesterday, but had to uninstall and reinstall AppWorld to get that to show up again. Leave the battery out for a few minutes then reinsert.

Yes, the apps usually end up in the Downloads folder or for BBM, it would be in the Instant Messaging folder.

Yes I did and there is nothing there....nothing to even unhide so I don't know where it could be

Did you try the battery pull?

Yes I just did the battery pull and nothing! It still isn't there! Can I go back to my older OS or is there something else I can try. I am very frustrated!

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    this happened to me each time I upgraded my 8900

if you open Appworld you need to go into MYapps and then login with your paypal profile. this will reload all your purchased apps.

unfortunately, all your other free apps will not be in the list. but there is a way to get them back in the list. Just make a note of all your apps and search for them in Appworld and re-download them one at a time.

the beauty is that just as the download starts you will get a message. "you already have APPNAME, do you want to replace v 1.1.1 with v1.1.1"... just select NO. repeat for each app. you will notice that the app has returned to the list.