Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello to all. Well I was hoping someone can help me out here. For the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kn0wledgeable no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!! call history and sms history deleting!!

Advertisement

Hello to all.

Well I was hoping someone can help me out here. For the past week my curve has been deleting all of my call history and sms messages by itself EVERY NIGHT. at first I thought it would go away but it continues to happen. Its really irking me now cause I can't see who the hell called me sometimes and I can't go back and checkout some of my previous phonecalls. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Notes
    -only my call history and sms messages delete
    -emails do not get deleted
    -im using the beta 4.5.10
    -i got a theme installed

My only guess is that its the 4.5 beta and it is a bug. Or maybe its the theme I got installed but I really doubt that. Help please!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    It sounds like you've got no free memory on your phone. Do you have a data card? All of your media (ringtones, pics, music) moved over to it?

Language supports and sample videos deleted?

Get those items done and it will clear it up. I ran .10 with no issues related to memory.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

itsadrian no está en línea Stack level 2
    ive had a data card and i free'd up memory and got to 20 mb on my 8120 and it goes away by itself and its wierd, this morning i woke up 2 12.4mb as soon as i used and app went down to 11.5 then i went online and my cache went to 1.7 but file free was still 11.5 cleared the cache and it went to 12.8 then 2 seconds later 13.1 and now 12.7 and i havent done anything except go online and open viigo

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Check the 4.5 OS threads. There has been discussion about some users having memory leak issues.

But yeah, down around 12 MB free is pretty low. That will definitely get your messages wiped.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

kn0wledgeable no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the input

i'ma give it a try. i'm thinking it is a memory leak

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    memory leak....good luck...i havent had that issue with my 8800 yet...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

from 19 to 10 explain that! has is been said that maybe t mobile theme has a memleak

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    anything is possible. although i never had my logs get deleted at 10mb usually they get wiped when free space is less than 5mb but maybe it varies
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

i hope a fix is on the way

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    Cherri,

I've been hovering around 12mb for several days now and haven't been able to figure out why. Just read through Reddog's post and one of the things mentioned there was to close opened applications and it mentions the five that are always open. I have those five, but I am also seeing PTT as an open application. I have never initialized this app, so I'm wondering why it's running and how to close it.

Why is PTT running and how do I close it?

Thanks,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    ATA
    roger, the PTT app will always be running in the background, even if you do not use it.

to remove it, you will need to remove the PTT cod file from your java folder. then run app loader again.

see this post

have you cleared your logs? the alt lglg method? also, if you aren't using a BES, you can choose to not even log those errors by unchecking the boxes beside each one.

Thanks Cherri,

Yeah, I've cleared pretty much everything and I never store e-mails or anything else on the device. I don't even run any 3rd party apps so I'm at a loss as to why my free file is so low.

I need to download the current OS tonight and try and delete some stuff that way to see if that helps.

Been having issues with receiving SMS texts, too, so this could be why, although 12-13mb seems to be plenty to receive a couple of text messages every now and then.

I'll also try your suggestion for the log errors.

Thanks again,
    Roger

PIN/ID
    ATA
    roger, looks like you could use an upgrade by your profile listing. are you still using the original OS that came with the BB? if so, have you ever downloaded the same OS and installed, then hooked up to DM and let app loader run? sometimes there are small updates that are included in the downloaded OS that aren't on your BB at the time of sale. it could help with your memory leak issues. otherwise, upgrade to the newest and i think you will fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    roger, looks like you could use an upgrade by your profile listing. are you still using the original OS that came with the BB? if so, have you ever downloaded the same OS and installed, then hooked up to DM and let app loader run? sometimes there are small updates that are included in the downloaded OS that aren't on your BB at the time of sale. it could help with your memory leak issues. otherwise, upgrade to the newest and i think you will fix your problem.
    Yes, it's the original that came with the device. I'm going to download the latest OS for the 8310 which I believe is from Singapore and see if that helps.

Thanks for the help and I'll let you know how it goes!

Roger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast