Hoping for some assistance here if anybody can advise: New 8320 (t-mobile) is super cool ... BlackBerry Curve forum

curvevictim no está en línea Stack level 1

Help? Bberry wont Delete Outlook emails

Advertisement

Hoping for some assistance here if anybody can advise:
    New 8320 (t-mobile) is super cool but can't get the outlook (2003) and curve to reconcile the emails that display on the handheld.

More specifically, when I delete emails in Outlook I would like them to delete also on the Bberry.

I understand that there's no wireless sync without BES but am just trying to even get a manual (connected) reconciliation or anything to reduce the clutter on the 8320.

I've tried the BIS install but that doesnt seem to offer any email reconcilation at all.

LOTS of googling has led me to try BES install but using Bberry Redirector.
    This seems closer because it at least allows a "reconcile messages" option and asks for an email profile to check but it still doesnt eliminate on the 8320 the messages that I already deleted once on my desktop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much for advice any one has to share!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Help? Bberry wont Delete Outlook emails

Sorry BIS doesn't give you full reconciliation. Only BES will.

Also Outlook emails will not sync. Pretty sure you're out of luck on this.

this thread explains it in more detail.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d_outlook.html

sorry to be the bearer of bad news

curvevictim no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Help? Bberry wont Delete Outlook emails

Thanks, reddog187.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

There is a LOT of confusion on this point across the web.
    I've been googling for days and come up with lots of posts that half address this issue but then get caught up in the BES vs. BIS issue, which most newbies dont understand at first. Or the diff between sync and reconcile trips people up.

For the record then to help the community progress, here's what i have learned that may be helpful to others:

FOR A NON-CORPORATE BLACKBERRY USER USING A POP3 ACCOUNT (NOT WEBMAIL LIKE YAHOO OR GMAIL), THERE IS NO WAY TO GET THE BLACKBERRY EMAIL INBOX TO ALSO DELETE EMAILS THAT YOU HAVE DELETED ON YOUR PC'S OUTLOOK.

NEITHER BIS, NOT BES, NOR BES WITH DESKTOP REDIRECTOR ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN.

IF YOU WANT EMAILS TO DELETE FROM YOUR BLACKBERRY INBOX(ES), YOU ARE STUCK WITH DELETING THEM MANUALLY ON THE DEVICE. IT CANNOT BE SET TO RECONCILE OR SYNCH WITH YOUR DESKTOP/LAPTOP, EITHER WIRELESSLY OR BY PLUGGING IN THE USB CABLE.

THE BEST YOU CAN DO IS HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY ON THE BBERRY TO SELECT MULTIPLE EMAILS AND DELETE THEM IN BATCHES MANUALLY.

Anyone please jump in if this is still not clear or wrong?

I think this problem is only going to grow as PDAs penetrate the average person's life and Blackberry/Outlook doesnt support the simple reconcilation of personal email. (Startup biz opportunity here??) Hopefully this post will get googled and save other people the days of heartache I and many others have had on this topic.

Thanks!

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Curvevictim - you can also scroll to the top of the screen (while in messages) and delete ALL of your emails by going to the menu and clicking on delete prior.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Here are a few ideas (I am not sure which are viable and will even fully work as advertised, as I have not fully researched them:
    1)If you are running and Exchange server, you could just download the single user BES server (1 account included and free for the personal user) and then run your own BES server and sync that way, as what you are trying to do would be accomplished that way and would cost you nothing more (assuming that you are running exchange at home).
    2)You could get a third party BES hosted server to accomplish this.
    3)You could do as above was suggested to delete all.
    4)You could run an IMAP server at home and then download the BES client for home use like I suggested earlier.
    5)Their is also one last possiblity which is to use GMAIL and connect with the IMAP capabilities that have recently been instituted (I realize that others are still having problems getting it to work fully and correctly), but if the IMAP is instituted correctly you should be able to configure Outlook to connect to the GMAIL IMAP server and IMAP standards should allow the correct updates to take place (I haven't played with it to know if it is dumbed down or the full IMAP implementation, hence the added thoughts about if it will truly work as it should).

Hope this adds some ideas and possibile options. Good luck and let us know if it pans out.