I've noticed that my BB has been moving a little slower than normal the past ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2

help, bb lagging!

Advertisement

I've noticed that my BB has been moving a little slower than normal the past few weeks. When I get a missed call, I will go to the call log and it will take 10-30 seconds for the call log to show me what calls I missed or what has changed. I haven't installed any new applications but I have a few new themes on there. Could that be slowing it down or is there another reason?

Not a huge deal but sort of annoying when I'm in a hurry. Anyone know the fix?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    have you tried a battery pull?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    As Catstide said, try a battery pull. Also hold down ALT and then press L G L G and clear the Event Log. Do this at least once a week, along with the battery pull. This should keep your BB running smooth.

If this doesn't solve your issue, delete the themes you installed and see if the speed is increased at that point.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Alright, thanks for the input! I'll report back with the results.

lilpbit no está en línea Stack level 2
    to avoid having to clear your log once a week: once you've cleared the log go to options ---->>security setting -----> memory cleaning ----> enable memory cleaning. This will automa. clear log and save the hassle.

Hope that help!

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    As Catstide said, try a battery pull. Also hold down ALT and then press L G L G and clear the Event Log. Do this at least once a week, along with the battery pull. This should keep your BB running smooth.

If this doesn't solve your issue, delete the themes you installed and see if the speed is increased at that point.
    thanks for the tip. seems to be running a tad bit faster.. or maybe its in my head...

Quote Originally Posted by lilpbit View Post
    to avoid having to clear your log once a week: once you've cleared the log go to options ---->>security setting -----> memory cleaning ----> enable memory cleaning. This will automa. clear log and save the hassle.

Hope that help!
    thanks. i set that up..

can you guys explain what the memory log actually is? i'm not new to technology just new to my BB. i've had it for less then a month so far. any other nice little tips to optimize my berry?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Event log is intended to assist in troubleshooting issues for users on BES systems.

You can also keep the device from writing to the log by using KalebsDad's method of entering the log, then instead of choosing the Clear function, choose Options. Once there, if you uncheck each box (a little tedious and time consuming), you won't have to worry about the log until you upgrade your OS and it resets those settings.
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-29-2008 at 03:26 PM.

lilpbit no está en línea Stack level 2
    Glad to hear it's running faster!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    You can also clear you phone call logs in your messages. Go to messages then hit the menu and select view folder. Scroll down to phone calls logs, select that and clear everything in there.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you use the net, clear your browser cache
    Browser>Menu>Options>Cache

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i've got the same phone as you. experienced the lag. Upgrade to the 4.5 os, you'll be glad you did. My phone runs lightning fast now.