Since a week I have my new BB 8310. Nice and usefull gadget. My application ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Taxman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HELP BB 8310 - 507 error and installer doesn't start

Advertisement

Since a week I have my new BB 8310. Nice and usefull gadget.
    My application loader does not start correct. "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device"

I got this message on three different computers XP and Vista;
    I have the most recent desktop manager and the most recent device files (smartone);
    I'll tried all the solutions I found on the internet (clean reinstall of all BB software, delete vendor file etc.,) without any result.
    Finally (big mistake:cry: )I wiped my BB with javaloader and got the 507 error.

I still can't start the application loader correctly. (Message: "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device"). I have seen this message over 100 times in the meantime and cannot find the correct solution.
    BTW: my BB 7290 works fine with this application loader...

Who can help me with soluting the 507 error and the apllication error issue.

Thanx in advance

Re: HELP BB 8310 - 507 error and installer doesn't start

Thanx for your reply!

I have uninstalled the software and rebooted my desktop twice. I have not cleaned the registry (good option !) I used several different DM's without any difference.

I had the idea that the software on my device maybe had a provider-software-lock, which blocks the DM. I have no idea if that's possible on a BB.

I'll keep on trying. When I cannot solve it, I will go to the provider.

Re: HELP BB 8310 - 507 error and installer doesn't start

Yes, I made it. It's up and running again. Application loader is stil not working, but I reloaded the BB with javaloader from the bin directory after the fifth wipe. I used the commanc "Javaloader -u load *.cod". All the files were transferred and after 1 hour it was up and running!
    Restore of data went also fine!
    After a couple of days I'm happy again and learned a lot on the BB and java techniques.

Still searching for a solution with the Application loader. Is it possible that this is blocked by the vendor (KPN). I always receive a message from the on the 'fresh' blackberry.??

The information on this forum was also very helpfull!

brabus no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the exact same problem as yours. Can you share your experience and explain the steps clearly such that I can follow and have my Curve back to life again?
    Your help is greatly appreciated

brabus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Since a week I have my new BB 8310. Nice and usefull gadget.
    My application loader does not start correct. "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device"

I got this message on three different computers XP and Vista;
    I have the most recent desktop manager and the most recent device files (smartone);
    I'll tried all the solutions I found on the internet (clean reinstall of all BB software, delete vendor file etc.,) without any result.
    Finally (big mistake:cry: )I wiped my BB with javaloader and got the 507 error.

I still can't start the application loader correctly. (Message: "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device"). I have seen this message over 100 times in the meantime and cannot find the correct solution.
    BTW: my BB 7290 works fine with this application loader...

Who can help me with soluting the 507 error and the apllication error issue.

Thanx in advance
    Please experts help me on this. I have the same prob as this gentleman. Any helps of clues would be highly appreciated