Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You are going to need to re-download the operating system and install it. Then follow ... BlackBerry Curve forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

You are going to need to re-download the operating system and install it. Then follow the instructions I gave before using the app loader.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Smile

Any luck?

iLord is DEAD!

dafifad no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok, I'll tell you about my progress so far:

1- I downloaded the Revo Uninstaller, installed it, ran it and deleted EVERYthing that said Blackberry *just in case*
    2- The 4.6 version of the Desktop Manager has almost finished downloading *I know, I have to switch internet provider soon if they don't fix whatever bug has me under dial-up speed ASAP*
    3- I also started downloading the "BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.81 (Multilanguage) " for my current carrier (Telefonica, Vanezuela). Will have to wait untill it's here...

And now, some other questions......

WHAT do I INSTALL first? (If there needs to be a specific order or if one is recomended)
    WHAT do I RUN first?
    Anything important I should keep in mind?

PS: I REALLY want to say thank you for everything you have done for me so far..... I was just about to give up entirely and go crazy. Really guys, thanks a MILLION!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dafifad View Post
    Ok, I'll tell you about my progress so far:

1- I downloaded the Revo Uninstaller, installed it, ran it and deleted EVERYthing that said Blackberry *just in case*
    2- The 4.6 version of the Desktop Manager has almost finished downloading *I know, I have to switch internet provider soon if they don't fix whatever bug has me under dial-up speed ASAP*
    3- I also started downloading the "BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.81 (Multilanguage) " for my current carrier (Telefonica, Vanezuela). Will have to wait untill it's here...

And now, some other questions......

WHAT do I INSTALL first? (If there needs to be a specific order or if one is recomended)
    WHAT do I RUN first?
    Anything important I should keep in mind?

PS: I REALLY want to say thank you for everything you have done for me so far..... I was just about to give up entirely and go crazy. Really guys, thanks a MILLION!
    After DM is downloaded go ahead and install it. Then after you get the operating system install it as well. Then reboot your PC. Once it has rebooted connect your BB and then open DM if thats what you decide to use. I still say you will have better luck with the app loader but that is just from my experience. Aslo while you are waiting check some of the links in my blog. They may answer a few other questions you have as well.

Hi guys, I have a question that I didn't think to ask before.....

The phone I bought is an unlocked T-Mobile phone from ebay and brought it here to Venezuela. My current carrier is Telefonica (Venezuela). So should I download the T-Mobile version of the OS or the one for Telefonica?

Maybe it didn't work because of that? Do I still delete the Vendor file?

Id say your carrier.

How long have you had it?

Is it too late to send it back, and was it really unlocked.

iLord is DEAD!

I bought it on the first week of February or last one of March.....

I have no clue (or don't know how to check) if it was REALLY unlocked or not...... and I don't really have a receipt from T-Mobile, so... how DO I send it back?

If not..... how can I unlock it? *can it lock up again if I update the software?*

Sorry out runnin erands.You should have some kind of warranty or replacement options.If you bought through tmob then its unlocked, try deleting all progress and download your carriers download.You must be frustrated, don give up.

iLord is DEAD!

Hi guys, I know I haven't posted in a LONG time..... But I was going NUTS and decided to lay it off for a while, jog a bit, sleep for one night *I haven't really gotten much sleep these past few days being up trying to make everything work* and then try again in the morning....

The main problem did NOT lay in the BB, if it would work or what to do and how to do it. Thanks to you, those issues had already been solved *I really can't be thankful enough*.

A HUGE part of my problem was that I simply couldn't download the setup file for the OS, my internet continuously crashed when it was halfway done and I am currently under Dial-up Speed (already called the internet company, said there was a bug, that it was unusual *nooo!* and that they were supposed to fix it in 48h..... I just hope they will *crosses fingers*).

So by now, *many many many hours later* I managed to download the software *I decided to go with T-Mobile cause I liked the theme the BB had before and since the phone's branded T-Mobile and is actually a bit different from the ones they sell here *I'm not sure if its only color or something else too, and the ones here are branded Movistar.....* and I guessed that it had that software before....

I installed it, deleted the vendor file, ran it directly from the App loader *it wouldn't really recognize my pin.... it just said "USB-PIN: unknown" but it let me go on with the instalation nevertheless.... so I dunno about that....

Currently, the BB simply displays the world-famous hourglass that keeps most people out of bed at night *I think its a brand new kind of Boogey-man for older children/adults*, but hey, its only been a couple minutes (15 tops) so I still have hope that it will go back to normal in a little while and that everything will be *finally* ok.

A MILLION thanks for all the help and interest in wheather or not I solved the problem..... I really can't thank you enough.

Will be back when the hourglass stops and everything is really ok.

By the way, do you have ANY idea wheather I might disconnect the BB from the laptop (while it displays the hourglass) so I can take it with me in my pocket while I go out to classes??

YEAYYY!!!!! IT WORKED!!!

It *finally* stopped the hourglass and it looks like everything is up ad running again.....

The only thing that has me bummed is....... ITS WARM AGAIN!!!!!

It was on for max 30min while it installed everything and ran it... so I've got NO clue as to what is happening to it or why..... Any ideas?

*HAVE to go to classes, will be back like in a million hours but ill try to check back using some BB out there*

Sorrry to hear that it nis continually getting warm, you say check with a friends BB? can you swap batteries for a bit to see if thats the problem? So you did get the OS back and running?, and no I would not disconect BB while it BOOGIE MAN IS RUNNING lol. Yopu wanna wait till it stops, when I upgraded mine I wanna recall at least 30/45 min. is how long it finally took to bootr back up, and if you cool with seeing T- Mobilr svery day Im cool.

LEMENO

iLord is DEAD!

HEEEEEEEELP!!

I know it sounds repeated, but I can't take this anymore! *crumbles....*

I *finally* got everything running just fine. OS wise at least.....

BUT, I'm still stuck on the battery drain / over-heating problem..... after I had finished everything, and the hourglass disappeared, the system ran beautifully....

Since the battery was half gone, I decided to plug the phone into the wall charger while it was turned on.... After five minutes or so, it started to get warm and I was about to leave home, so I decided to leave the phone off at home *I've lived without it almost a week, couple more hours wouldn't hurt much...*. When I got back, the battery was DEAD..... as in the led doesn't even turn on when I plug it into the wall charger....

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! WHAT CAN BE CAUSING THIS???

Ohh BTW, when I plugg it into the wall charger, the screen light up showing a battery with a lightning across it... but it just stys stuck there.... and after a while (maybe 30min, maybe more...... don't really know) I notice the temperature is slowly rising.....

But, even after all this time *its as long as it would ussually take for an almost-full charge* the battery remains without enough power to turn the phone on......

FYI: I'm currently using two different batteries to try things out *mine and an extra from my dad* and both work perfectly in his BB....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12