Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Erm... I need URGENT help... PLEASE! Friday night, while I was using the BB Messenger, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dafifad no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! Battery and OS issues!!

Advertisement

Erm... I need URGENT help... PLEASE!

Friday night, while I was using the BB Messenger, my phone started to get warm, but it had happened once before so I just thought "how odd!" and kept driving. After a while it was REALLY hot, so I decided to take the battery out and leave it in the car while I went to the movies. At this point it was uncomfortable to hold the battery in my hand, and the phone wouldn't do anything.

Couple hours later, everything had cooled down, so I put everything back in its place but the phone wouldn't start. Tried turning on the car and plugged it into the car charger, put that didn't help either. When I got home, I plugged it into the wall charger... nothing.

Sunday, right before going into a repair store, I borrowed my dad's battery to check whether the problem laid in the device or the battery. The phone started up fine, but it started to heat up again and the battery started to drain. So I took the phone home, burrowed dad's extra battery for a couple days, got it in again and backed up all the data.

While I was doing this, the phone kept getting warm/hot and the battery drained... It wouldn't charge even though it was plugged into the laptop or afterward when I plugged it into the wall..... So I unplugged it and turned the phone off.

Then, I started browsing for the cause of the problem or any solution, but all I found was a theory that the problem might be due to some piece of software *no clue which one it might be* that had the phone stuck and was demanding a lot from the BB-pc thus draining the battery and heating it up.

Logical action from above conclusion: wipe handheld, update EVERYTHING in both my laptop and device, and reinstall the OS *wiping it completely and returning it to better than factory settings*.

It all worked well, EXEPT for the little fact that while I'm trying to install version 4.5 of the software, the App Loader just displays a message saying "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation".

I tried doing the process that is described in the post "How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected" (you can find it by typing showthread.php?t=5178)but it wouldn't work....

I even tried downgrading the Desktop Manager from 4.7 to 4.5 (the version that came with the phone in a CD) and I'm currently downloading 4.6 *just in case it might work with THAT version of DM.......*

So if anyone has ANY suggestions as to what I might do, or what the problem might REALLY be, or just any kind of useful thing, I'd appreciate it immensely.

I honestly don't know what else to try... I'm going nuts and the thought of going back to my old phone and loosing my BB is killing me........

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    You want Desktop Manager 4.6
    You want to intall 4.5 on device

Try that, thats what I have downloaded and all is well.

GOOD LUCK MAN

iLord is DEAD!

Ok... after I don't know which number of tries, App Loader displayed "A fatal error has occurred while trying to update your device's software. Please try again"

WHAT ON EARTH AM I DOING WRONG?!?!???? WHAT CAN I DOOO!!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    When running app loader do you have it set to restore 3rd party apps. If so uncheck that and give it a try. You may have to reload a lot of things but that's better than no BB.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Have you downloaded 4.6 DM?

Have you downloaded 4.5 os?

iLord is DEAD!

Thanks a bunch Sooner for your reply!

But 4.6 is still some 4-6h away from me *my internet is VERY crappy today and the connection speed is useless..... so I've only downloaded 62% so far*....

Is what I've done so far ok?
    Is there anything else I can try?
    Is there something I can do in the meantime to make it easier for me later when I *finally* have 4.6 ??

4 to 6 hours?

iLord is DEAD!

Try closing down everything, Pinstack, email all window and tabs except what your downloading, that will make it download faster.

iLord is DEAD!

If its not adding apps like the blackberry messenger, help, tasks, and other stuff with empty boxes in a HUGE list when you click Options.... then I was doing it wrong (I tried adding the above things....)

If not....... I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have it set to restore 3rd party apps?. If so uncheck that and give it a try" moderncowboy....

3rd party apps like Google, Viigo, Espn, and such things that you have downloaded are 3rd party apps. It will not restore those apps, only to manufactured they way it was when it was purchased, those 3rd party apps should have been backed up and after you install 4.5 OS and 4.6 Desktop Manager then you will install the 4.5 OS FROM YOUR NEW 4.6 DESKTOP MANAGER THEN GO BACK AND INSTALL ALL OF THE 3RD PARTY APPS THAT YOU WANT THROUGH YOUR NEW dESKTOP mANAGER.

OPPS sorry for the caps accident.

iLord is DEAD!

Ok, will do as you say, thanks a buch!!

PS: How exactly do I install the 4.5 from the desktop manager?? What if it does not recognize my device and in the lower left corner, where it usually displays the PIN: XXXXX it just says "none" ???

Make sure your USB is properly attached, if it doesnt recognize try typing it in.

I havent had that prb.

iLord is DEAD!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You will probably have more luck using the loader file found in c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader than you will with DM. Also if you didn't do a clean uninstall of the original DM then you may still have issues. Also check and make sure that when you uninstall DM 4.7 that it didn't remove the operating system as well.

Ok, apparently it DID remove the os.... when I go into Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs the only things listed are the Desktop software 4.5 and device software updater.......

What do I do now?

*I have the "ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade.msi" which was the file I got from blackberry.com is there any other fiel I should/have to get before I can successfully do this?????*

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    An easy way to uninstall DM:
    Google revo uninstaller
    Dl and install it
    Run revo and check otion 4 then follow the on screen instructions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast