When I try to backup my device i get this message when its trying to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

matthiasj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

Question HELP! Backup Problems with Curve

Advertisement

When I try to backup my device i get this message when its trying to backup my profiles:

I only have one custom profile and I think I have did a backup before and its worked...any ideas?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: HELP! Backup Problems with Curve

Quote Originally Posted by matthiasj
    When I try to backup my device i get this message when its trying to backup my profiles:

I only have one custom profile and I think I have did a backup before and its worked...any ideas?
    I would do an advanced backup. Go into backup and restore and click on advanced. It will bring up a right side and left side of the screen. highlight an option like address book and press the arrow to the left, make sure to refresh after. do all onfo that you need on the phone except profiles. Hope it helps.

PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

only thing is I'd like to backup my profiles. I know I can do this but I would rather not have to go there.

only thing is I'd like to backup my profiles. I know I can do this but I would rather not have to go there.
    Go into the advanced restore and see if it will let you know the file size of profiles.

PIN/ID
    243C4CBB

it wont tell me the size, when i try to just backup profiles i get the same error, but i can backup everything but profiles.

it wont tell me the size, when i try to just backup profiles i get the same error, but i can backup everything but profiles.
    I am not sure that there is going to be another alternative here aside from losing the profiles. Every article i have found in RIM's Knowledge base refers to erasing the particular area that is causing the problem. Good luck. Hopefully someone else will have another option, but none that i can find or think of.

tcpetersesq no está en línea Stack level 1

matthiasj - were you ever able to reach a resolution to this problem? I have the same thing happening to me.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

For some reason the custom profiles are getting corrupt. To only thing you lose is your custom profile. So if that doesn't backup it's not device threatening, just a pain in the arse to redo your custom profile.

I have not found the reasoning behind this. Have you done anything to the ringtones locations or SD card? I'm still trouble shooting. This happened when I reformatted my SD card.

My issue started (I think) after I unlocked some themes. Efforts I have undertaken to fix the problem include:

- restore from date prior to when the problem began
    - total wipe of handheld
    - uninstall and reinstallation of desktop manager (using v. 4.3)
    - clearing store content
    - creating new profile with microsoft mail (using exchange server)

NOTHING seems to fix this - and it troubles me greatly since I can't backup at all. RIM's knowledge base doesn't seem to address the problem at all (at least not that I've been able to find).

Any other suggestions??

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it

Hey there, i had the same problems with my DM when i would go to do a back up it always stopped at profiles. For some reason it will not let me back up so what i have to do an advanced restore from the last back up id di for profiles only. Then do a back up for this day. I hope you understand.

If not check this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...me_backup.html

Hope it all works out for you
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

Thanks for the suggestion - but I'm still in the dark. Someone get a dunce cap quick - as I can't seem to figure out how to do the selective restore. I can get the profile item highlighted on the left side of the screen, but the arrow is grayed out. What am I missing?

By the way - just in case I missed something, I also uninstalled DM 4.3, and reinstalled 4.2. No luck there either. I also tried "clearing" the profile setting - no go. I'm wondering if I did a complete wipe (including 3rd party stuff) whether that would make a difference. (The wipe I did before saved third party programs.) Thoughts?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

The device wipe/OS reinstall might work, although I had this same issue with profiles/backup and ended up doing a wipe/reinstall and still could not get it to backup until I did a selective backup. Turns out I had to reset my profiles first prior to backing up, then the backup was successful.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

How does one go about resetting profiles?

By the way - in case it provides any clues, I was able to do a selective backup of everything with the exception of profiles.