i need help downgrading my 4.5 back to 4.2 so i can send my phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

poetic_stud no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215a5bb1

help asap pin in profile

Advertisement

i need help downgrading my 4.5 back to 4.2 so i can send my phone back to tmobile....i had upgraded to the new DM it says i have version 4.2 but on my bb it says 4.5 and when i go to app loader it ask either to keep everything it is or i can go back to the old version of what not sure but please help me so i can downgrade and then ugrade once i switch phones pin is 247cc0b3

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    All you have to do is completely delete the 4.5 OS off your PC:
    Start>programs>control panel>add/remove programs and here you delete the BlackBerry Software NOT the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Then from there, find and install 4.2 for your BB and connect and run DM and it will prompt you to install that OS.

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    i cant find that folder i have windowa vista its kind of different from windows xp

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I don't run Vista, but you still have a control panel and add/remove option. You will need to uninstall that 4.5 OS before you can downgrade to 4.2. Once you do you'll be good to go.

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    it shows that i dont have 4.5 on my laptop anymore all i have is this bb 4.3 desktop software bb v4.2.2 for the 8320 series wireless handheld i have that on there 2wice

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    i went to the tmobile site hella times and downloaded the desktop and wireless handheld so i dont know whats going on
    it doesnt even show my 4.5 os anymore ugh

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    i have to send this phone back in gggrr

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If you don't have 4.5 installed on your laptop then how did you get 4.5 on your 8320? I'm confused
    Did you install it on another PC?

Anyway, just uninstall ALL BlackBerry Software OFF the laptop you are planning to use for the downgrade.
    Then like I mentioned above, find the OS that came with the device or version 4.2 for Tmo, and follow my post above with instruction links.

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    i unistalled it today from my laptop i never sync it when it was done i tried downloading the 4.2 from tmo it says its there handheld software but idk whats going on and how do unistall all that i listed in my previous post

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    so uninstall the 3 programs i named too you and then go to the tmo site and dwnload the handheld software again

PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    What I would do at this point is just wipe the device ~ see my blog if you need a tutorial and JL_Cmder link.

However, prior to that....Again, make sure you have NO BlackBerry Software installed on your PC by using the method I told you before. Windows Vista has an add remove feature and it is found slightly different from XP but the same path.

Install the latest 4.2 OS for TMO

Connect your BB to PC, start DM (making sure you've deleted the vendor.xml file) and install the 4.2 OS.

There is also a thread about that similar to your issue Here.

Good luck.

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    ok ill see how all this goes

PIN/ID
    215a5bb1
    is there any other way besides a wipe that can help me because tmo needs there phone N back on the 4.2 os and not 4.5 if so either email me on here or pin me