My TMO 8320 has been acting strange the last 2 days. TMO cust service only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gr8belief no está en línea Stack level 1

Question help! 8320 possessed

Advertisement

My TMO 8320 has been acting strange the last 2 days. TMO cust service only suggests phone upgrade and contract extension. I want to save my BB!! It started with the rollerball - it would roll but not select. It "clicks" but doesn't actually select anything. So you click on it 10 times and nothing happens. So I cleaned the rollerball assembly. Battery pull. Same issue, but now it is going into Messages and creating and saving drafts of emails. They are TO: (blank) and no message. Just saved empty. Then I got a call and the Mute key kept going on and off during the call. So I did the Security Options wipe. Restored only my address book. Same problem - rolls but won't select, and sends random draft emails to itself. So later I called TMO cust service back hoping for someone more helpful. Got someone and the stupid phone started working as if nothing had ever happened. For an hour or so, anyway. But during the call, the rep walked me through several diagnostics that all turned out OK. Now it is having the same problems again. I went in to do the Wipe again ( using "enter" key instead of clicking on rollerball.) But where it says "type blackberry to continue" I start to type in blackberry and the letters start to disappear! Over and over. I left it alone for a while, did a battery pull. When it came back on, it had a password required to open it!!! I tried several times, way more than 10, and it didn't do a reset. All it did was say "type blackberry" again. So I typed blackberry and when I got to the same point in the word, the letters start to disappear again! Do it 15 times, no master reset. So now I have a locked BB that I can't even reset/wipe.
    HELP please!!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried using jl_cmndr to wipe the device. Not just the security wipe on the device itself? Also have you tried just simply reinstalling the operating system?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had an 8120 that had the same trackball problem just 2 months ago. Sounds like whatever you cleaned it with sent it into a possessed state. Here's what happened to me http://forums.pinstack.com/f78/8120_...select-111386/ THANKFULLY it didn't get to the point where your 8320 is now

Thanks for the ideas. I cleaned it with a dry soft cloth. Lint in it mostly. Also, can't load the JL_software because I can't click on anything at all. Appreciate the help!!

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    I've been having this issue as well. Besides the mute button issue - JL wipe and a .081 upgrade. smooth sailing

UPDATE: You won't believe this. I don't believe this. So the trackball was going crazy, then I figured out it wasn't the trackball afterall, it was the trackball sensor pad under it. (Lots of looking around, diagnosing, etc. It was shot.) To order a new one OEM was about $20 plus S&H, but they are tricky to install. So I put the Curve away for 2 months to figure out what to do. Stole my kid's Pearl and put his SIM card back in his old Nokia. (bad mom, I know...but he was charging me $5/week rent) Out of curiosity, I turned on the Curve one day last week, and guess what? It has (knock on wood) been working perfectly fine. Not one problem. It was truly a mess when I gave up on it. And I didn't want to upgrade because of TMO's plan changes. Other than being out some rent $$ to a 12 yr old, I'm good. It's all good now. Go figure.