my friend's curve 8320 just suddenly entered into a contnuous boot cycle. red led flashes, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

Help! 8320 Continuous Boot Cycle

Advertisement

my friend's curve 8320 just suddenly entered into a contnuous boot cycle. red led flashes, then hourglass screen then nothing and then red led flash again. it just cycles like this until the battery dies.
    i tried "What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ" and it did manage to connect to the bb and erase everything (according to the progress report) but cant finish loading JVM and system software.
    is there anything else i could try?
    Last edited by bangus236; 10-02-2008 at 06:30 AM.

chuckymafia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try to re-upgrade or do the OS on this phone. I have had the same issue before. i just popped it on the Apploader and let it keep its cycle. Easiest way is to run apploader directly and it will detect your blackberry. Then do a upgrade and try and save all your data. I then saw that the screen went into the upgrade or program loading mode, this stopped the constant reboots and then reloaded all the software back into it, I didn't save anything and lost all my info but allowed me to save my Blackberry

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    follow chuckymafia's suggestion...best bet is to try and wipe again using JL_cmder so that you start with a fresh device...this time you want the error code to appear...then run DM and manual run the app loader...make sure you select the options that you want the OS to install on the phone (scroll through the whole list)...this should get you a fresh out of box device...good luck and post back if you need help

Lavagirl's walkthrough on JL_cmder will help you the most...http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197

vdiddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    That happened to me when I upgraded to 4.5....you have to make sure you take out the media card before you upgrade.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    that as well vdiddy because it seems to cause installation issues...remove the media card before installing new OS everything will run perfectly...just insert memory card after you run a restore