Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Also having this issue. Upgraded to OS 4.5 about a week ago, and now with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Advertisement

Also having this issue. Upgraded to OS 4.5 about a week ago, and now with no issues yet, out of nowhere my BB is a constant cycle of reboot after reboot after reboot and so on etc......

Stuck at work right now, by the way my BB is working GREAT with no issues with the SD card out of it.

When i get home this evening i am gonna try backing up all files on card to laptop and then wipe the card and reformat it, then replace all the files back to the card. I really hope this does the trick.

Like i said, never had any issues like this with Sd card or Device, now a wk after update to new OS, out of nowhere this happens.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by chknlomein View Post
    Also having this issue. Upgraded to OS 4.5 about a week ago, and now with no issues yet, out of nowhere my BB is a constant cycle of reboot after reboot after reboot and so on etc......

Stuck at work right now, by the way my BB is working GREAT with no issues with the SD card out of it.

When i get home this evening i am gonna try backing up all files on card to laptop and then wipe the card and reformat it, then replace all the files back to the card. I really hope this does the trick.

Like i said, never had any issues like this with Sd card or Device, now a wk after update to new OS, out of nowhere this happens.
    Very good idea. If it doesn't do it without the card then I am sure this will work for you. If after doing this if the problem is still there you will have to go through whatever is on your card and figure out which file is causing this to happen.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Thanks Cowboy, i appreciate the advice. I cannot recall putting any other files on it recently though. I had no issues yesterday at all up until last night

Hopefully this all works for me. i dont think i can go much longer listening to these preloaded att ringtones and no videos, or pics, or music to listen to or watch

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Did you remove the card when you upgraded last week? If not that might be what got you.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Did you remove the card when you upgraded last week? If not that might be what got you.

AHA!!! I KNEW THAT WAS COMING!!!

I DID NOT remove the memory card when i upgraded. I completely forgot about that step. ALL seemed to be okay though...for about a week, and now this happens.

Does this change the situation? will i still hopefully be able to resolve this by reformatting?
    Last edited by chknlomein; 11-17-2008 at 04:14 PM.

pinklady88 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had the same issue with my 8110 but I have noticed it only happens when I am at work... Weird I know I have no idea what is goin on with it... Sometimes it will re boot 3 or 4 times in a row but only at work I have never had it happen any other time...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

escobar75 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem with my Curve 8310. I updated to OS 4.5.88 and it work for two, three weeks. Then, all of the sudden my Curve started rebooting on its own. I tried reinstalling OS 4.5, but the problem was happening only with my 2 GB microSD on it. I had the same problem with my old Pearl 8100. I have to assume is a corrupt file in the card, but how do I find out which file is the problem?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123