Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Strange. I looked at the AT&T forum on their web site and it seems that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Advertisement

Strange. I looked at the AT&T forum on their web site and it seems that this is not uncommon. No one has an answer as to how or why, or even how to correct it.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Wow. That's a new one to me but as I said, "anything's...." Let me see if we can get an AT&T rep/stacker to look in on this thread.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Wow. That's a new one to me but as I said, "anything's...." Let me see if we can get an AT&T rep/stacker to look in on this thread.
    That would be great. I appreciate any help. I really cant afford to buy a new one for her.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Really hope you get this figured out dubie. It will be a lesson for us all.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    That would be great. I appreciate any help. I really cant afford to buy a new one for her.
    I posted a request in the AT&T forum with a link to your thread here. Good luck - we'll all be watching.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4
    Great idea, but I purchased the phone used from someone.
    that doesn't necessarily matter. i gave my old pearl to a friend of mine and the trackball died about a month later. he called up at&t and told them and they sent him a replacement phone. he never purchased a bb from at&t yet they still warrantied it. it's worth a shot. just don't mention the os upgrade lol

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I know I can use her replacement program. She has the phone under it, but that will cost us $125 to do this. Then it will only be a referb.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    When they send you a replacement phone through warranty that's going to be a refurb too. But what would you rather have a phone that was basically used for less than 30 days? Or a phone that reboots all the time, I would get on the phone with rim. You may have to send it to them, but I've been paid by rim to send a phone back to them so they can do research and stuff on it. That's how they learn more about it. So look into calling rim. That will be better than calling at&t

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Could it be a memory issue? I was having that same problem with my Curve when I realized that my memory was fluctuating all the time. It would be at around 24mb sometimes and 16mb at other. I ended up deleting two of the themes that came with it AND the preinstalled wallpapers that came with it as well. You may want to see how much "file free" you have left. Simply hold down the left alt, the left shift and the H. If it's anywhere less than 16mb or roughly around 17mb, you may want to see if it's a memory problem. If not, I suggest you get a new battery and test it out. If that fails, I would try what has been suggested, that is, call AT&T and tell them that you need replacement. (Before you do so, if you have AT&T, add insurance.)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Bump. Any help???
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    This simply just sounds like a malfunctioning phone. If different batteries were used, no media card, new OS installed, then the phone is malfunctioned. This sounds like it has to be a hardware not software issue. As if the connections lose contact with the battery or something of that sort. Or somehow power is being lost.

If the phone was purchased used from someone, you may need to find out if the phone is less than a year old so that was you can claim warranty. Warranty is good for 1 year after phone is sold from a store location. Even if you did not purchase the phone from AT&T. All they simply check is if the IMEI is indeed covered within warranty. Also make sure that the device does not have water damage or has never been opened. If you do claim warranty and one of these things is discovered, this will void the warranty and AT&T may charge your full retail if a replacement is sent to you.

If you can find out if your area has an AT&T Device Support Center. We refer customers to here in case of XBM or if the customer wants a Tech to look at the phone. You can check HERE to see if there is a center near you. If there is take the phone there and explain to the techs what is going on. They will also check warranty, and if it is valid and they cannot fix your phone, you do have the option to get the phone replaced in store at that moment.

Any question feel free to contact me for further assistance.

(*If you do call Warranty of the phone or visit a Support Center, try not to mention you purchased the phone off of another individual. Act as if you bought the phone on your own.)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Thanks! You have been the most help. Now if the phone is out of the 1 year warranty then I am just out of luck I assume.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

gadgitgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I just noticed my phone doing the same but I found that if I place my phone in a pocket of my bag instead of its holster that's when the reset occurs~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had this issue with an 8300. What i did was first WIPE the device clean using jl_cmder and updated to the latest softwate. This should do the trick. remember to wipe the device first this worked for me.

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks! You have been the most help. Now if the phone is out of the 1 year warranty then I am just out of luck I assume.
    If the phone is out of warranty, the only other option is insurance but that is if you have it on the acct. You cannot simply just add it on then claim insurance. If you do not have it, then I hate to say it but as far as AT&T helping, chances are slim to none. Other route would be to contact RIM and see what options they have available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast