Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My fiance has an 8310 with AT&T. Randomly it shuts itself off and reboots. This ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question HELP 8310 resetting problem

Advertisement

My fiance has an 8310 with AT&T. Randomly it shuts itself off and reboots. This occurs at all hours and and times. It occured with the 4.2 OS that the phone came with as well as the 4.5 OS that I just put on it. After the self rebooting the phone is fully functional and doesn't have any problems. Recently the phone rebooted and removed the current theme she had running and reverted back to the default AT&T theme. Any help would be great. We have done battery pulls, back ups, restores. and again the OS upgrade. Please help.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    What this sounds like is a phone malfunction...like the connection between the battery and the phone are being interrupted briefly, especially since it's not OS dependent. Is that possible?

Do you notice it happening ONLY when the phone is being handled (jostled) or have you seen it happen when the phone is lying somewhere, untouched.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If she uses a media card try taking it out for a little while and see if that fixes the issue. If so you have a corrupt file on the card and you will either need to find the file and delete it or just reformat the card and start fresh. If that isn't the cause then you may have a theme or pic on the device itself causing the issue.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    It didnt matter what theme it was, and it resets even when it is just lying around. It never did this when she was using it.

Curious as to why a file on the media card would have anything to do with it if the media card is not being accessed when the reset occurs.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I can't really give you an answer as to why and how it happens. I have seen it many times however and after reloading OS multiple times finding out its the media card. So if nothing else I would do this just to rule it out first.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    OK,going to try a different battery and removing the media card
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Quote Originally Posted by dubie76 View Post
    OK,going to try a different battery and removing the media card
    I hope you find a solution but, if you don't and the problem gets "good" enough to demo at your local carrier's store, I'd hustle on down and get a replacement if possible.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Great idea, but I purchased the phone used from someone.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well hopefully you find out its just the media card or the battery and not the device itself.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    No luck. It still resets. This occurs once maybe twice a day
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You might try reinstalling the OS making sure not to do it with the memory card in and not loading the backup files back to it. Maybe there is something in the backups causing it. It will suck if ya'll have to reenter contacts and such but if it works its better than buying a new device. Just a thought!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hmmm. She said it has been doing it since I got it for her. I don't know anymore. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Freaky problem, Dubie. Have you looked for any particular application that might be running that could cause this? - like a beta version of something or ? If there are aps running in background, maybe exit all of those and run ONLY the aps that load with the boot like BBM, Browser, etc. just the basics. (I'm just trying to think of things that you may not have tried - guessing at best.)

PIN/ID
    Ask
    There are no extra or third party aps on her phone. Nothing. Could it be an AT&T thing? maybe something with the network?
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

I don't see how the network could be causing this but I guess anything's possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast