I have a blackberry curve...im trying to learn as i go, becasue that distruction manual ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shortone78 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help

Advertisement

I have a blackberry curve...im trying to learn as i go, becasue that distruction manual was confusing...the problem is that i have ringtones for my friends, but i want my phone to have a different tone for them when it comes to messages and txt. for some reason the phone has one txt tone and one for mms and one for vm i would like to change them for each person does anyone know how to do this.
    thanks for any help you can give and sorry if im confusing

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not sure how to change the tone for different types of messages but you can set a custom phone tune for each contact through your address book.

Just open your address book and edit the person's information. Click your menu key and select Add custom phone tune. From there just browse for the ringtone you want to use for that person. Hope this helps.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    You can edit the general ringtones for SMS/MMS and other types of messages, I don't believe you can make them specific to the person sending the message.

You can change each message tone by going into each profile and changing each message tone separately:

Profiles>Advanced>Highlight profile>Menu>Edit>Select which alert to change>Menu>Edit...and then change whatever you'd like.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    You can edit the general ringtones for SMS/MMS and other types of messages, I don't believe you can make them specific to the person sending the message.

You can change each message tone by going into each profile and changing each message tone separately:

Profiles>Advanced>Highlight profile>Menu>Edit>Select which alert to change>Menu>Edit...and then change whatever you'd like.
    That would be correct, you can only set 1 tone for SMS/MMS, not Different ones.