Advertisement

Good luck, and keep us posted.

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Good luck, and keep us posted.
    cheers dude...

ok so far i downloaded desktop software 4.2.1.8 as 4.3 needs SP2 which i dont have and it can find the fone etc and the app loader does its thing however it still says disconnected and wont do anything.

any ideas?
    Last edited by londonmandan; 03-30-2008 at 06:04 PM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    OK, so you have Desktop Manager 4.2.1.8 installed, what version operating system software (device software) do you have installed? Did you install it from your vendor or another carriers version? and if another carrier did you delete the vendor.xml file?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to recap where we are in this.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    OK, so you have Desktop Manager 4.2.1.8 installed, what version operating system software (device software) do you have installed? Did you install it from your vendor or another carriers version? and if another carrier did you delete the vendor.xml file?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to recap where we are in this.
    Tiz cool, glad for the help, wanna save it all then replace it.

Desktop Manager 4.2.1.8 installed

Device software unknown as not working?

Installed direct from BlackBerry Site, vendor deleted
    Last edited by londonmandan; 03-30-2008 at 06:15 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    just looked in the properties and in stats and it shows pin and connected for 15 mins but it says disconnected on the main UI and wont backup

Is the BB still in a reboot loop?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Is the BB still in a reboot loop?
    No it shows the JUM Error ans you have to manually reboot by pressing reboot on the screen.

I have just clicked Switch device and that scanned my pc etc like normal but that wouldn't connect, i find it weird how it says connected but it wont connect.

It is connected but cannot see the OS because it is not loaded properly. Did you do a battery pull while the device was on? If not try that. Disconnected from the PC and while the device power is on, and error showing, pull the battery out for 30 seconds. Reinstall the battery and let it boot. Do you still get the jvm error?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It is connected but cannot see the OS because it is not loaded properly. Did you do a battery pull while the device was on? If not try that. Disconnected from the PC and while the device power is on, and error showing, pull the battery out for 30 seconds. Reinstall the battery and let it boot. Do you still get the jvm error?
    Yeah tried all that and still the same, I will try again though.

Where can I get the latest OS from where I don't need SP2?

I have 4.3.0.15 (is this the latest?) on my PC at work so how would I sort this from there?

I get all the software direct from BB

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ok it's not the latest so will dl 2morro so leaves the question how do I reslove from there?

Your going to have to wipe the device and reinstall the OS. You are most likely going to loose your info on it at the same time. Try this:

• Download and install jl_cmdr from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452
    • After installing, run the app with the BB connected to the PC (Desktop manager not running)
    • On the screen walk through the password and connect prompts
    • Choose the "reset to factory" or "wipe" option
    • After it wipes the unit, run DM and reinstall the OS onto the BB (you should have this downloaded and installed already), this may take up to 20-30 minutes to complete with about a 10 minute period of doing nothing (initializing), this is normal
    • Resync the BB with what ever app you use (Outlook or such)
    Let me know how comfortable you are in doing this tonight, or if you want to wait and try the other PC tomorrow. I don't think that it will work any other way at the moment.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Your going to have to wipe the device and reinstall the OS. You are most likely going to loose your info on it at the same time. Try this:
    • Download and install jl_cmdr from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452
    • After installing, run the app with the BB connected to the PC (Desktop manager not running)
    • On the screen walk through the password and connect prompts
    • Choose the "reset to factory" or "wipe" option
    • After it wipes the unit, run DM and reinstall the OS onto the BB (you should have this downloaded and installed already), this may take up to 20-30 minutes to complete with about a 10 minute period of doing nothing (initializing), this is normal
    • Resync the BB with what ever app you use (Outlook or such)
    Let me know how comfortable you are in doing this tonight, or if you want to wait and try the other PC tomorrow. I don't think that it will work any other way at the moment.

I will try the vendor delete etc in the morning and and if that dont work then to be honest i wil just call for a next day exchange coz every other way will lose the info anyway. just thought i would be able to save it all.

thanks for your help though mate

Again, keep us posted. Your welcome and I hope it works tomorrow. Using the update may or may not work, it's a long shot but worth the try.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Again, keep us posted. Your welcome and I hope it works tomorrow. Using the update may or may not work, it's a long shot but worth the try.
    Ok I have wiped the handset using the JL thing and now I need to install the OS, I went to that 2nd link but all the links for the 8310 are for Asia and in Chinese? where is the UK/English stuff?

Here is a thread that discusses the OS: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._5_0_40_a.html

And here is all the 83xx OS's: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_11jan08.html

The Chinese versions are Chinese and English. Multilanguage have English and more installed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast