Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi Guys, Major problem going down and i don't know what to do!! I uninstalled ... BlackBerry Curve forum

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Help :(

Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Major problem going down and i don't know what to do!!

I uninstalled BBLight from my Curve, rebooted the handset and now it constantly says:

JUM Error 517
    Reset

Now my fone wont get out of the reset loop, What the hell is it and how do i get my phone to work again

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You will need to reinstall the BB OS. Something corrupted the OS during uninstall. Follow this KB article here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2040770705

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    A 517 is a corrupt system file error. You may have to reinstall the OS for your phone.

May want to wait for others to chime in here who are a bit more knowledgeable in this area than I am.

Edit: Doughdaddy was a bit quicker on the draw - he's a pretty reliable source to follow

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I didn't get a chance to back anything up, i take it reinstalling the os will wipe it all yeah?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    A backup would have been best, but I believe it will try and salvage some data before the wipe. Either way, you'll need to do this in order to get your BB functioning again.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    FFS!!!!!!

This is the second bloody curve I have had this year!!

I think I may have an old back up, I know my contacts are ok etc it's just my themes and apps :\

Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    I didn't get a chance to back anything up, i take it reinstalling the os will wipe it all yeah?
    More than likely yes. You may be able to salvage the info by installing a newer version of the BB OS from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

Even if a newer OS is not from your carrier it is OK. After installing the OS on the PC, delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and then perform the proceedure mentioned to fix the BB.

This will reinstall the OS as an update and should maintain your data. Also, running a backup after this would be a smart move.

OH, and if you install a newer OS on the PC, be sure to uninstall the old OS from the PC first.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    More than likely yes. You may be able to salvage the info by installing a newer version of the BB OS from here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_29jan08.html

Even if a newer OS is not from your carrier it is OK. After installing the OS on the PC, delete the vendor.xml file from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and then perform the proceedure mentioned to fix the BB.

This will reinstall the OS as an update and should maintain your data. Also, running a backup after this would be a smart move.
    I have an 8310 on T-Mobile (UK) and couldn't see it on the first page so got it off the t-mo site, this is the filename

8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel323_PL2.5.0.34_A4.2.2.176

is this the latest version?

Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post
    I have an 8310 on T-Mobile (UK) and couldn't see it on the first page so got it off the t-mo site, this is the filename

8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel323_PL2.5.0.34_A4.2.2.176

is this the latest version?
    The latest OS for your BB will do. Vendor or location (US or UK) doesn't matter since they are multilanguage. So you can install AT&T vs. T-mo as long as it is for your BB model.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    The latest OS for your BB will do. Vendor or location (US or UK) doesn't matter since they are multilanguage. So you can install AT&T vs. T-mo as long as it is for your BB model.
    ok what I downloaded was actally the app loader which I connected and it let me remove languages etc but it still does not work.

If what you downloaded was the Desktop Manager and not the BB OS, then you need to download the BB OS, if you have a previous version of the OS installed, uninstall it first and install the newer version after that.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If what you downloaded was the Desktop Manager and not the BB OS, then you need to download the BB OS, if you have a previous version of the OS installed, uninstall it first and install the newer version after that.
    I am using a new PC so nothing on it execept the apploader i just downloaded.

where can I get the latest Curve 8310 OS from coz the link up top u put is for the pearl

Sorry about that, I pasted the wrong link. Try this one: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I am gonna download this

Downloading Desktop Software v4.3 b25 without Media Manager (Multilang)

from the BB site and see what happens as the ones on the link say the same thing v4.3 b25

hope this works

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast