Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

earlier today my 8310 pretty much crapped out on me. its been in a continuous ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbradyg no está en línea Stack level 2

help!

Advertisement

earlier today my 8310 pretty much crapped out on me. its been in a continuous rebooting cycle ever since-- white screen, spinning hourglass, black screen, repeat. the last app i downloaded was an updated version of jivetalk but that was sometime last week. is there ANYTHING i can do to fix it? maybe reinstall the OS? and if so, how would i go about doing that if my phone cant even completely start? has anyone else had this issue? any help would be greatly appreciated

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    It might be your updated app. I stress "might." Did you install your app OTA or through Destop Manager? If it was DM then try just deleting it through DM. Otherwise I'd say re-install your OS. I'm no expert on this, so I'm not 100% sure if I'm giving you proper information or not so take this with a grain of salt. If I remember correctly you need to delete your OS from your hard drive, find the delete vendor.xml, I believe in Program Files, Common Files, RIM, AppLoader. Then re-download the OS from your provider's site.

Before doing all that, you didn't mention trying a Batt Pull... did you try one?

I'm sure one of the experts in here might have better info than me, but hopefully that works... I would hate to recommend a Hard Wipe. Uh huh huh huh, uh huh huh huh... sorry
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

ok heres the latest...ive tried everything on the How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected link...that seems to be what my problem is, however my curve still will not boot. at the end of the process i get "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

furthermore, i downloaded jl_cmder and it wont install. when i run the installer the command prompt window flashes for a second and then theres an icon on my desktop. when i run that i get "C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder\JL_Cmder.cmd The specified path does not exist. Check the path and try again."
    I think if i can get that program to work it might solve my problem. Would anybody be willing to send me the files from the Program Files\JL_Cmder directory?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You will obviously have to reload the OS, follow this links advice and read it well first. It may take several attempts to get it to recognise but it will work. I have done it before myself.
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2040770705

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452

Are you downloading JL_cmder from that link? That one should work.

yes thats the link i downloaded it from

im looking at the first link right now so ill keep you updated on how it goes.

first time through i got "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." again. maybe the timing with the battery? im at my wits end here. i feel like im SO close to having this solved
    Last edited by jbradyg; 03-21-2008 at 09:26 PM.

ok i got jl_cmder off of another computer...gonna give that a shot

updated to the most recent desktop manager as well...still getting "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

tried to type c:\javaloader -usb wipe and i get an unable to open port error.

any other ideas?

You just need to be patient with the link directions I gave you. Timing is everything with that. JL Cmder will not "catch" and hold the BB if it is in a continuous reboot. The DM will if you follow what the link says and get the timing right.

what is the timing? im follwoing the directions to a T. all im reading is how timing is everything, but is there some sort of reference for timing?

Here is the text:
    3. Perform a hard reset on the BlackBerry device. For instructions, see KB02141.
    4. Reconnect the BlackBerry device to the computer before the BlackBerry device finishes resetting, and complete one of the following steps:
      • For BlackBerry devices with a USB connection, wait until the drop-down list on the Communication Port Selection window changes to USB PIN and click Next.
      • For BlackBerry devices with a serial connection, click Next on the Communication Port Selection window.
    5. If the Handheld Password Required dialog box appears, type your password. The Application Loader will detect the BlackBerry device.

The timing part refers to step 4, via USB connection when the drop down changes to USB PIN click next, if you delay on hitting the next button it will go by that part of the BB reboot and you will need to repeat the process.

Hard reset refers to pulling the battery and reinserting it. The BB must be disconnected from the USB cable otherwise it will get power from the cable. After reinstalling the battery, quickly connect the BB to the USB cable , when the drop down changes as referred to click next.

That's the timing part. If you are too slow on connecting the cable or clicking next, the BB will pass the opportunity to capture it.

i put in the battery and connect it to my pc almost instantly, click next and then i select the software i want installed...goes through its process and then it goes right back to "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation." should i just do the warranty echange? this seems ridiculous. everyone else that seems to have this problem seems to have figured it out somehow...i dont know what im doing wrong

If it is still under warranty then at this point I would say yes. Take it back and tell them what has happened and that you followed RIM's trouble shooting guide and it still does not work.

well thanks for all your help...ended up getting a budget loaner phone from the store until my new curve gets sent out to me. cant complain about a brand new bb....although setting everything up the way i like it is such a pain! thanks again for the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast