Ok so i'm getting my blackberry 8330 from Verizon tomorrow and i already have a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Theegg no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, please help me out a little

Advertisement

Ok so i'm getting my blackberry 8330 from Verizon tomorrow and i already have a few apps and games downloaded. I"m downloading the latest Desktop Manager now. What else would i need to be able to get my blackberry updated and all the apps put on the blackberry?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Try downloading the newest OS for your 8330?

ok, won't my blackberry automatically update to the newest version? I have the data package for it

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Theegg View Post
    ok, won't my blackberry automatically update to the newest version? I have the data package for it
    No, while automatic updates might be available in future issues, at this point in time upgrading your OS is a manual process.

ok thanks! now i just have to sit here and wait for the good 'ole FedEx man to get here lol

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Try downloading the newest OS for your 8330?

Just a side note, Verizon has not released the latest OS for the 8330 yet. There is only one official release and it is by another carrier (MTS Mobility). If you are new to Blackberrys, you should wait until the official release from Verizon. All others right now are beta software and you use at your own risk.

Your 8330 should come with OS 4.3 on it. The new version will be 4.5

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    But you will still need to download the latest released 4.3 version that is on your 8330 to your PC as well in order to use the Desktop MAnager to add those apps and games to your BB.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

ok, Should i downgrade my DM to 4.3 then? Because i already downloaded and installed the 4.5 DM and i'm just waiting for the bb.

I'll go ahead and get the latest OS downoaded

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I haven't tried the 4.5 DM yet, give it a try, it should work. But if it gives you fits, then downgrade. The 4.3 version of the DM will come on a CD with your BB if you need it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dbennett no está en línea Stack level 1
    memory card is erased when device dies. Any advice as to why this happens each time the device shuts off.

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I haven't tried the 4.5 DM yet, give it a try, it should work. But if it gives you fits, then downgrade. The 4.3 version of the DM will come on a CD with your BB if you need it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am running DM 4.5 with a Telus 8330 on 4.3 no issues, so you should be ok.
    I would do a backup of the BB once you have it all configured the way you like it.

ok thanks! I just checked my FedEx tracker and it says i won't get the BB until like 7:00 p.m but its being shipped from a town thats only like 35 minutes away and it left the warehouse around 7:15 this morning... I'm going crazy sitting here waiting for it to get here

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    If you have the latest DM from blackberry.com, then you should be alright. You could set up the syncing options between your contacts and calendar. But outside of that, just wait...

Also, your phone should have the latest official release of the os. Which is 4.3