Okay, I woke up this morning and checked out Pinstack, than went to sync my ... BlackBerry Curve forum
Okay, I woke up this morning and checked out Pinstack, than went to sync my BB 8310; just like every morning. The sync started and updated all of my files (Outlook and stuff), was working on a revision of a Theme, and it wanted to know if i wanted to update that-Clicked yes, afterwards the regular box opened.
Whoa! WTF! It wanted to erase a whole bunch of Blackberry Core Apps- Messenger, Memopad, and What! Password keeper!. Oh Hell No! So, I scrolled down to see what else it felt I didn't need: Apparently I don't need ANY of the Third Party Apps and a whole bunch of other stuff. So naturally I closed that Box! I did a battery pull a registry clean on my system, a reboot and tried again - Still the same...
Has anyone ever experience something like this and if so, what caused it, and what did you do to correct it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Did you recently install any neww 3rd party apps? I know Cherri had what sounds like the same issue a few weeks ago after instaling Vlingo (beta). In her case the applications that DM wanted to erase were no longer listed under Options_Advanced_Applications....how about yours?
Wow! They're gone nothing there but about 4 items two bb core and to two third party app.
Originally Posted by GaryF
The latest change to my programs was a few days ago with YouMail prior to that I had no problems
i wonder if its a permissions setting set forth by these third party vendors.
this is the exact thing that happened to me about 2-3 weeks ago. I downloaded the first version of vlingo beta. no issues for two days. did the same thing you did...went to REtest a new theme that i made and went to click next and yep ... DM wanted to erase all third party stuff and it wouldn't take NO for an answer. actually the worst bb day of my life. you will have to reload each theme one by one and the same goes for the applications. it sucked big time. and even my backup was corrupt. had to restore it manually too. i still have yet to figure what went wrong. im still re-adding applications
Tags for this Thread