I just upgraded my Blackberry 8703e to the Curve 8330. I have three ear piece ... BlackBerry Curve forum

East Coast no está en línea Stack level 1

Headset won't fit in the hole!

Advertisement

I just upgraded my Blackberry 8703e to the Curve 8330. I have three ear piece headsets I was using with my 8703e and NONE of them fit my Curve! The hole on the Curve where the headset goes is way too big to fit the jack of my headset. I called Verizon and they told me to go to Radio Shack or Best Buy to buy an adaptor so my 2.5 mm headset will fit my 3.5 mm hole. Well, Radio Shack and Best Buy said nope, they have the other way around (3.5 mm to 2.5 mm) but not what I need....UGH!!!! Can anyone offer suggestions as to where I can get a compatible adaptor so I can use the headsets I already have?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    The best adapters are at Seidio.com. Try them, they are a little more, but the quality is well worth it. Cheap adapters do not play well with Blackberries.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Ok if I understand you correctly you want 2.5 to fit a 3.5 but radio shack said they have a 3.5 to fit a 2.5. Ok there are other places to get those parts. -1. I would go into the store myself with my phone and headset to make sure they knew what they were talking about. (I delivered parts for five years and there's nothing like having the item in front of you that your trying to fix). -2. Ask radio shack if they could order the right parts. -3. Look on berry411 to see a list of electronics stores in your area that might have the right parts (like a car stero shop). -4. Last look to order on line. In the mean time I will see if I have what your looking for in my 100yr box of junk (that box of stuff that would take you 100 years to get rid of). Pm me for my pin and if I have it well figure out a way to get it to you.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Or you can also do what chokem suggested which is a good option.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Why not buy a 3.5mm stereo headset/earbuds. I got Skull Candy ones at FredMeyers for my husband. 3.5mm is the most commonly used headsets and you can find them at most any store.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree with MrsMatts. For almost the price of the adapter, you can get some quality 3.5mm buds. I prefer the Philips Turbo Bass buds, on Ebay for $15.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I didn't like the Skull Candy myself (to Tinny) but I am sure that others can suggest some good qaulity buds for you like Chokem has. Adaptors are just a pain and add more bulk.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Seriuosly, I went through 4 differet set of buds before I found the Philips, they are without a doubt the best band for you buck. I had some Sony buds that were supposed to be top of the line and these turbo bass buds blow them away.