Iam a new Curve owner. Is there any way to have the phone ring thru ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bshpmark no está en línea Stack level 3

headset and phone ringing

Advertisement

Iam a new Curve owner. Is there any way to have the phone ring thru my Bluetooth headset instead of the phone itself ringing?

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Not that I know of, however your headset may play a built in tone to let you know you are receiving a call. It would be nice if it could do that. I came from owning a Wing and with Microsoft's Voice Command, it would play the ringtone through the bluetooth headset.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Exactly. I just came from a Wing and appreciated that feature.

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    sorry, bb software doesn't support sending to bluetooth. It just barely allows A2DP for stereo bluetooth.

(I hope that newer O/S has better capability)

emte no está en línea Stack level 1

Odd, mine does...

Based on my own experience and the above comment, this may depend on the headset itself.

I own a Plantronics 590A as I travel to and from work on public transit and like to ignore the other passengers with music. When I get calls my BB vibrates and the headset switches from music to an audible alert in the headset only, at which point a hit a button to accept the call. My profile is always on Loud as many areas of my work place are noisy.

I do know for sure that while using my BlueTooth headset with the Loud profile, other than vibrating it makes no external ring/alert.

I have the Plantronics 510 headset. On my Nextel phone it always played the ringtone and the ringtone never came through on the phone. The same thing was true on my Wing. Now, instead of the ringtone, I get a few beeps and then the Curve rings. This is pretty annoying. The only thing I know to do is change the profile to have no tone.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    There is a way to do so but I cannot post the site nor how to do it. It's not illegal Rim software it's a mod java app. You can hear your vids and music through your bluetooth and also your ringing.

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    There is a way to do so but I cannot post the site nor how to do it. It's not illegal Rim software it's a mod java app. You can hear your vids and music through your bluetooth and also your ringing.
    Raton can you pin me a link for the above mod, I'd like to check it out.. My pin is 24230795 Thanks

I would also like the mod link or how to do it. PIN me at 24641D3D or email bshpmark@comcast.net