I plug my ear buds into the jack and the sound only come from the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shozn1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31d1afd0

headphone jack stop working

Advertisement

I plug my ear buds into the jack and the sound only come from the phone not the ear buds. Any ideals what may be causing this ?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think the answer is in your title. It sounds like your phone jack has quit working. If you the device is still in warranty or you have insurance you might want to take some measures there. Otherwise, are you handy with parts and fixing things? I'm not so I can't advise you on that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you can't enable by clicking the BlackBerry button and select "Activate headset", AND you know for sure that headset works, sounds like you have a hardware problem with phone.
    Of course, as is always the case with BlackBerry, do a battery pull reset first.

Dude495 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by shozn1 View Post
    I plug my ear buds into the jack and the sound only come from the phone not the ear buds. Any ideals what may be causing this ?
    Have you recently taken your phone apart? to change housing, or clean the screen? This has happened to me and Ive been told numerous times, when taking the BB8330 apart, it kills the headphone jack.

cedric1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I recently got a new bb 8330 and my lack goes in and out but only when I'm walkin or moving a lot other than that it works ok but if its bad for u I might need to use that warranty early

dcfan402 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ECF6ED
    My curve isn't a week old and I just had this problem on my way home. Gonna have the sprint tech's take a look at it.