It seems that when the headphone jack gets wiggled a bit when plugged in, the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Headphone jack/Music player stopping randomly issue

Advertisement

It seems that when the headphone jack gets wiggled a bit when plugged in, the music stops playing as if I unplugged the jack. My headphones work fine in other devices so I doubt it's them. The jack is not moving more than expected (like when I have the 8900 in my pocket). Does my unit have a defect? Is there any work-around for the time-being such as disabling the pause-on-disconnect action?

Does anyone else have this problem / are 8900s known to have this problem?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I would return the device...most have a one year manufacturer's warranty. I took 2 bad devices back to my provider...no problems.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have this problem with a new set of I headphones I just purchased. (Sennheiser EH 150). I tried 2 other headphone, and they worked fine. I thought it was the headphones. I'm going to return them. What kind of headphones are you using?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I have this problem with a new set of I headphones I just purchased. (Sennheiser EH 150). I tried 2 other headphone, and they worked fine. I thought it was the headphones. I'm going to return them. What kind of headphones are you using?
    I've tried the ones that came with the unit, some Sennheiser HD 555s, and a pair of Skullcandys.

I'm going to see if I can get the unit replaced at the store tomorrow. Maybe they could let me test a few units out w/ the memory card, etc. to make sure the replacement doesn't have the problem.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I tried a few more headphones. They all worked. Were you able to resolve the issue?
    W

We
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I tried a few more headphones. They all worked. Were you able to resolve the issue?
    W

We
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    No. I took the unit to the T-Mobile store and tried several others out and it seems they all had the problem.

beautyofsound no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem here

I have the same problem with the headphone jack being finicky. I want to use the phone as a mp3 player in my car and every time I pick it up to change the song, it stops playing. Very annoying. I'm going to return it for another one, but if they all have this problem, I might switch to the Bold. Does anyone know if this same problem occurs with the Bold?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I had a similar problem with my old 8120, but not a second worth of trouble with my 8900. I would guess it's the way the jack is making contact on the internal board or case. Possibly grounding out.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

I worked around the problem for the time-being with Bluetooth: Jabra BT3030. Allows me to use my own headphones as well as having some freedom (though it is not a completely wireless solution as the wire instead connects to the 'remote' as opposed to the phone itself). Sound quality is nice though volume is lacking, so make sure the headphones you use if you get this have some form of noise reduction.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My 8900 has worked nicely as an mp3 player...even synced my itunes lists to it . Might be crappy hardware as mentioned earlier in here.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I go running with a buddy from time to time and he has his MP3 player on his arm and phone on his hip. I'm running with my 8900 on my hip, answering calls and listening to music. Tried to explain it to him, but he sticks to his MP3 player.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

misslemos no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just got my 8900 last week, my headphones don't work when I push them all the way in. Been really sensitive. But I put in the same headphones from my 8320 and they worked fine? Also my memory card didn't work right, I called tmobile and the woman told me to format which cleared the whole darn thing, had to start all over
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.114 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wow, what is going on with some of these 8900s? Will TMo make an exchange? I figure 7 days should be reasonable if anything goes bazerk with it.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)