I use a cassette adapter in my commuter car to listen to music through the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Artful no está en línea Stack level 1

Headphone Jack MAX Volume Problem

Advertisement

I use a cassette adapter in my commuter car to listen to music through the anemic car stereo system. The Blackberry has a ridiculous amount of gain for the old tape deck so I have to turn the volume way down on the device, then use the car's volume control to get the level I want without distortion.

For some reason when I plug my cassette adapter into the mic jack, the volume goes to max. This obviously blasts the volume through the stereo, and causes any passengers to soil themselves. More frustratingly, I can turn the volume down manually on the device, but when it jumps to the next song, BOOOOM back up to full volume and again, ruined upholstery.

When playing through the external speaker or my S9 BT headphones it isn't an issue, only when the cassette adapter is plugged in. I poured through the options looking for some sort of botched normalization setting and came up empty.

Any insights?

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    What software are you using to play your music?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Artful no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good old fashioned BB media.