Hi, I just got my 8320 Curve, and I am attempting to download a few ... BlackBerry Curve forum

GeminiMishy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248FA275

Having trouble getting ringtones to appear.

Advertisement

Hi, I just got my 8320 Curve, and I am attempting to download a few new ringtones for it from ventones.com. My first ringtone downloaded fine, but the next two are not appearing in my ringtone list. It is odd, because if I go to select a specific ringtone for a user, they are listed there, but then when they call, only the main ringtone works. I don't know what I could be doing wrong, but they will not appear in my media section. Only the very first download. Has anyone had this problem before and if so, do you know how it can be fixed? Thank you!

Mishy

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245

Gemini

Are the names appearing in the bottom of the list when you go to your profiles, the advance.. it will say "use active phone profile except for:" then it will list the names you have assigned ringers for.....
    i had that issue with my first curve 8330 but mine was a factory defect something was wrong with the orig sw of the fone... but see if the names appear in the profile log first.... PS it should automatically be there but sometimes it wont you can assign exceptions...
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    248FA275
    Good question. They do appear in the "except" list, but still ring with the normal tone. It is really odd...I went to change my ringtone in that section, and when I select one of those tones, it doesn't make any sound. But if I scroll to the first one I downloaded, that one does. Also, they do not appear in my ringtone section under media, only the first one there again...Could it be something else? I don't even know how to find them and delete them now...

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    just out of curiosity is the file being downloaded an mp3 file??? and also have u used mobile41 website... he has tons of ringers posted.. it also might be the size of the ringer causing an issue.. but like i also said earlier i had the almost same issue but mine ended up being that i never set my exceptions and i also had faulty software which i noticed because half my applications that were suppose to come with the fone were not tere... so i had a pretty beat up phone to bat... ummmmm when u save the file it should list where i has gone into the phone.. on mine it is setup that it saves to blackberry/media card/ ringtones... u can go to media/ringtones/all ringtones... that will pull up every ringtone attached to your device even if its not listed in the ringers on your media card... hope this helps
    Last edited by Smurf2598; 09-18-2008 at 03:37 PM. Reason: re word the ending

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    also u can check on your phone when you go to your profiles, then advanced highlight the option you use and hit menu, go to edit and see if it is setup as vibe first then ring or somethings like that... u can edit how u want your ohone to function by editing your profiles from advance option.... its worth a shot..

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    248FA275
    This is the weirdest problem I have ever faced...even in all ringtones, there is nothing other than Natasha listed (the first one I downloaded from that site). The other two are no where to be found, but yet are still an option when I go to Profiles to set a ringtone. But unlike all the others, including Natasha, they do not play a sample of the tone when you highlight them there. I wonder if I accidentally saved them somewhere else and lost them? Thats why the phone can't recognize them since they are not in the ringtones folder. Can that happen? If so, how would I know where to look? Any ideas anyone?

PIN/ID
    320FE245
    wow that is quite odd.. hmmmm how much memory do u have on your bb and what operating system r u running

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

PIN/ID
    248FA275
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

To be honest I am not sure. I haven't had this phone a week. How do I find such things out?