I have a curve 8330 and I upgraded my OS to 4.5 a couple weeks ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marshymarsh no está en línea Stack level 1

Having trouble downloading themes!

Advertisement

I have a curve 8330 and I upgraded my OS to 4.5 a couple weeks ago. Today I tried downloading a couple themes from this site and I keep getting an error message ("No additional applications designed for your device were found").
    Where did I go wrong and how can I fix it? Please help! I'm a bit of a novice at this!

Thanks in advance!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Usually the ONLY reasons you get that error is:
    1. It wasn't designed for your 8330.
    2. It wasn't designed for the operating system on your 8830.

If it it designed for the 8830, make sure it's for the operating system that you have on your phone.
    You can find the OS version if you click menu/options/about.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Hmm...that's weird. The theme says it's for curve 83xx and "it's for a 4.5". So maybe it really isn't compatible? Or could there be some other reason? I've also tried downloading another theme and got the same error message.

Another question: How do I download OTA themes? Everytime I click on something I think would do it I get some kind of error message or it cannot read or open whatever it is.
    Thanks again!

If you click on an "OTA" theme, it should download and install.

If it's not a true OTA, it's probably inside a zip or rar file, that you have to download to your PC, unzip it, and install it with the BB Desktop Manager.
    Last edited by SVT Cobra; 05-28-2009 at 11:28 PM.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Quote Originally Posted by marshymarsh View Post
    I have a curve 8330 and I upgraded my OS to 4.5 a couple weeks ago. Today I tried downloading a couple themes from this site and I keep getting an error message ("No additional applications designed for your device were found").
    Where did I go wrong and how can I fix it? Please help! I'm a bit of a novice at this!

Thanks in advance!
    Are you trying to install it with the Desktop Manger?

If so, please read my last post to install with the DM.
    Then you will have to "browse" for the theme that you downloaded and unzipped on your PC. You click the browse button in the Desktop Manger to find that file.

Yes I was using DM to download the themes & that's where I was getting that error message. I never had this problem before I upgraded my OS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

If so, please read my last post to install with the DM.
    Then you will have to "browse" for the theme that you downloaded and unzipped on your PC. You click the browse button in the Desktop Manger to find that file.

1 last thing, if you are using Desktop Manager 4.7, uninstall it and go back to 4.6

4.7 is STILL too buggy.

The latest OS update on your phone should not be the problem.

Oh maybe that's it! I do have DM 4.7. I will install 4.6 & see if that helps & get back to you! Thank you so much!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Most of the 4.7 bugs were worked out in the latest release. Are you sure that you still have the 4.5 OS you installed on your PC?

Go to add/remove programs (programs and features on Vista) and verify that you have the OS installed. If not then you will need to install it. If this doesn't work I would have to agree with Cobra and say try downgrading your DM to 4.5 or 4.6.

They have a "theme" install problem from OTA and/or zip/rar install to their phone.
    It's not an OS install problem, I think.

Like my new avatar CowPoke?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The way I understand the OP is they are having trouble downloading themes via DM as well as OTA. Maybe if they can clear this up we can get them up and running.

BTW....the new AV ROCKS!!!!

I agree, we CAN'T have a Stacker in distress !!!!