I'm not good with reviews, but thought I would share my thoughts! I love the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

have had the curve since Friday, here's my little review

Advertisement

I'm not good with reviews, but thought I would share my thoughts!

I love the fact that it's just as light if not lighter than the Pearl. I can still fit it into my pocket and not even know it's there until it rings! I love that it has XM radio available, video, and all that other stuff. I also love that the screen is bigger, seems to be crisper and I can see everything better!!!! Loving the 2 MP camera as well! I'm having a hard time adjusting to the qwerty board, I keep going to hit the button for one letter and it's the wrong one. It will just take a little time to get used to it and the speed will come. The keys are spaced apart well, they remind me of the Treo 650 keyboard as far as the spacing. I might be remembering incorrectly, but who knows. That's just what it reminds me of.

Downside, I can't stand that you have to hit the keyboard lock on the screen instead of just hitting a button. It's so annoying! That's the only bad thing I can think of.

So, there ya have it

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Re: have had the curve since Friday, here's my little review

I agree but I programed the button on the right to be my lock button instead of camera and it works great. On my 8700 I used to have the middle button the lock button. I am sure you knew you could do that but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks for the review.

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3

Downside, I can't stand that you have to hit the keyboard lock on the screen instead of just hitting a button. It's so annoying! That's the only bad thing I can think of.

I don't follow what you mean...

angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404A818

On the Pearl, all you had to do to do a keyboard lock was hold down the * button. On the curve, unless you program one of the side buttons to lock the keyboard, you have to do it with the little lock thing on the menu and manually select it.

Sugar, I thought about that, but since I carry it in my scrub pocket or in my sweatshirt pocket at home, I am hesitant to try it. Unlocking is a pain in the *** as well. LOL do you know a quick way to do that? I just may not be getting it right at the moment.

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

I have a password on my device. I hit the ball and select unlock, type in the password and then hit enter. It seems really fast to be because I have been doing it for so long (even on my 8700). You could set a one letter password? It's all about personal prefernce I guess.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Can you just hit the "K" key to lock the keypad? I had it set up to do so on my 8703.

From the call screen>Options>General>Dial From Home Screen>NO

cabinets no está en línea Stack level 3

This may not be what you are speaking of, but...Isnn't it the same function as holding down the speaker button on the top left. This puts it in a standby mode and only comes back on when you hit that button again. Sorry if that's not what you are talking about. But I love that function. You don't worry about pushing keys while it's in your pocket.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f

Just set the left or right convenience key to lock it. I have my left one set to messages and my right one at camera(default) because I prefer standby mode to keyboard lock.

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

The standby mode is a great option, I use it all the time.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~