Has anyone used the "InfoSpace find it" software on your Curve? Someone told me that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Has anyone used the InfoSpace find it?

Advertisement

Has anyone used the "InfoSpace find it" software on your Curve? Someone told me that works with the GPS and that it has voice directions like TeleNav. I visited the infor space web site and found the software free download, but could find no mention on the site of voice directions. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with it?

RitaSarpong no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Has anyone used the InfoSpace find it?

I have it and voice directions is one option you can choose from. I think its pretty cool myself. The software as a whole is pretty neat and very useful, if your trying to find something and you're not quite sure the name of something. It has diff categories like "going out", "dining out" and even a category for health related things like dentist office, etc.
    It also saves addresses you input so you don't have to keep re-typing them and you can set your home location, so it'll be the default whenever you look for directions.

I say its worth the download.

acrimsontide no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Rita. Does it work well with your GPS and is it accurate? Also, can program in a route like you can on a stand alone GPS and then view the map AND recieve voice directions?

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

yes it not too bad of an app, the only thing that sucks its that when your using the voice menu you can not zoom into the maps.. but the cool thing is that it will give you a menu that you can search whats near by like movies n what is playing

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

I had used it. I think the voice directions are nice, but the slowness kills me. Takes forever to launch, and also, you can't quickly have a new zip code -- hate this the most.Try the windows live search for BB program. It's like 10x faster, the interface is better, the maps kick *** compared to even google maps (if you zoom at max, EVERY street is labeled), and it has a nice movie category. I hate dealing with microsoft, but for one product they seem to have nailed it both on interface AND functionality.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Just to add, the live search program also has tons of categories for things like food, places, entertainment, etc...and you can quickly see and address and one click call them. Here is the latest version: 1.5.2860.13336 (Beta)

simeezee no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C1928

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    I had used it. I think the voice directions are nice, but the slowness kills me. Takes forever to launch, and also, you can't quickly have a new zip code -- hate this the most.Try the windows live search for BB program. It's like 10x faster, the interface is better, the maps kick *** compared to even google maps (if you zoom at max, EVERY street is labeled), and it has a nice movie category. I hate dealing with microsoft, but for one product they seem to have nailed it both on interface AND functionality.

i prefer live search over infospace find it also

dsump no está en línea Stack level 2

I really like FIND IT. I have deleted everything else 411 related and just use this.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

i use info space find it and windows live search. I like them both and love the voice directions...
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.