I just went from a BB Curve 8320 to a 8900...... Is it just me ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Wizardrl no está en línea Stack level 2

Hard to press trackball

Advertisement

I just went from a BB Curve 8320 to a 8900...... Is it just me or does it require major pressing on the trackball to execute something.....
    The trackball seems to be smaller and that means with the added tactical feedback... getting 'commands' to execute is kinda hit and miss.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Dunno. Honestly haven't used our 8310 recently. Maybe a little more pressure but not what I would deem major. How long have you had it?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Wizardrl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Started using it yesterday...... Got it on Fri.

May need to use a bit to "break in". I know it takers a little pressure, but hard tompare online. If you want piece of mind have store look at it or compare to another 8900 if they have a demo.

cmcooley no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    None
    I have a 8310 and bf has 8900 and feel that it takes less on the 8900 than 8310. The 8900 seems very touchy and sensitive whereas mine takes a little more effort to execute things.

Quote Originally Posted by cmfuss View Post
    I have a 8310 and bf has 8900 and feel that it takes less on the 8900 than 8310. The 8900 seems very touchy and sensitive whereas mine takes a little more effort to execute things.
    Yours is also filthy. Need to replace or clean.

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    Yeah I'm having trouble with mine too, but not that big of a problem...cuz ill probably replace it. But this one when I first got it when it released I think it made a little click but now when I press down it doesn't really feel like its going down. Or maybe its just me.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    I can agree to a degree, the slight difficulty can be a bit annoying at times. For example, a lot of times when I use my 8900 with one hand I am trying so hard to press the trackball down that I accidently roll over to something else and click it (instead of what I wanted) by the time I get the ball down. But I alternately use the enter key instead, its more reliable. I do wish the ball was more press-able though.
    ...& that's pretty much it!