Recently my buttons stopped working. The ball will scroll but I can not click anything. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jt4564 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hard Rest 8330?

Recently my buttons stopped working. The ball will scroll but I can not click anything. I read through the other forums and they say it is probably because of some type of water damage and that I should either a. take the battery out for a while and try later, or b. perform a wipe of handheld. Well I tried the first option and didn't work, now I want to try to reload the OS. My question is, how do I reload the OS if I can't push any buttons on the handheld? Is there a way to perform a hard reset from desktop manager, or any other way? Thank you in advance.

If you connect to your pc, and reload the OS via desktop manager, it should work.

If it is water damage, I don't think a hard reset will work. My tb stopped clicking on my 8130 because of water damage, it was in my pocket while I was working and sweating profusely, and I had to get another phone. Unless you can buy the tb click board, I think that's what you might be looking at.~via smartphone~
    Last edited by metalroger; 02-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    -Ill just think out loud-

I'm thinking If its water damage, means its kinda like hardware damage and reloading or upgrading software (OS) wont help.. But it doesn't hurt to try..

Since u can't type I'm guessing u can't unlock ur device.. You could connect ur desktop manager and when prompted to type your password on the desktop manager, Type a wrong password 10 times, and ur berry will just wipe all data with no chance of recovery unless you had done a backup before it broke.

I've never used jlcmd so I don't know if u have to type a password when wiping.. Maybe someone can chip in about jlcmd
    Gd luck..

MrLight460 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yes, you still need the password for jlcmd.