New here and am totally confused. I get a mesasge The following application is requesting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

leodgr81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Handheld Key Store ?

Advertisement

New here and am totally confused.

I get a mesasge
    The following application is requesting access to your Handheld Key Store. Please enter your store password.

What is it and where do I get it.

Thanks,

Leo

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    This is only applicable to those devices on a BES as this is part of the application control policy for IT Administrators. Is your phone part of a BES or is your phone used?

From the Blackberry.com website:

Application Control is designed to provide an IT Administrator with the ability to establish what capabilities an application should have when executing on a specific BlackBerry device. It is important to note that Application Control can only be effective when the BlackBerry device is connected to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server within an enterprise setting.
    For example, Application Control would allow the IT Administrator to ensure that a game loaded onto a device is not allowed to access the Phone API. This article will list the different areas that are currently covered by Application Control, what method call in that API will invoke the Application Control check and how application developers should modify their code to properly handle these checks.
    In the case where the IT Administrator or BlackBerry device user have denied the application access to one of the protected areas, the associated method will throw a ControlledAccessException. In the case of class level checks, it will throw a ClassDefNotFoundError. The ClassDefNotFoundError occurs in JavaTM when an exception is thrown from a static constructor. Your application will need to handle both of these types of errors depending on what APIs you attempt to use.

Handheld KeyStore

Definition:
    • The Handheld KeyStore is defined as part of the net.rim.device.api.crypto.keystore API. This policy is designed to determine whether applications are allowed to access the keystore. The keystore contains certificates, public keys and private keys for the user.
    Default:
    • Allow
    Methods and APIs:
    • DeviceKeyStore
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

leodgr81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Don't use BES

No I use BIS. I was trying to connect to my works email - Outlook using our webmail acct. which I am able to do on any PC .

Thanks,

Leo

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Leo,

Are you able to get your work e-mail through OWA (Outlook Web Access)? If so, you will be able to set up your work e-mail using the instructions in this blog:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...878#post771878

Follow these instructions:

1. Click Setup Account.
    2. In the Email Address field, type the email address. Leave the Password field blank.
    3. Select the I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account option, then click Next.
    4. Depending on the email environment, do one of the following:
    5. Select This is a work email account, then click Next.
    6. If the This is a work email account option is selected, complete these steps:
      1. Select I will provide the settings to add this email account if you access the account using POP or IMAP settings. Click Next.
      2. Type the messaging server name, the user name, and the correct password (Microsoft Outlook Web Access URL and Mailbox Name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account) in the appropriate fields. Click Next.
      POP or IMAP
    7. If the following message is displayed, the integration is complete. Click OK.

Please post back if you have any questions. I just did this with my work e-mail, so I know it works!