I tried (through several false starts to get the H@H working) First - I've been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CustomDuals no está en línea Stack level 2

H@H Making it work - no DTM

Advertisement

I tried (through several false starts to get the H@H working)

First - I've been running Pearl - it's operated flawlessly.

I unboxed and followed instructions for transfer of settings - etc.

Transfer of settings just made things worse - in a variety of ways. I have no idea why, and I have no solutions for tranfer of settings right now. I simply can not get the DTM manager to connect (at least in that fashion . . .read on....)

So......

Welllll..... that was a little shaky and I discovered H@H was not working properly - it SHOWED the attachment / acknowdedgement of H@H, but the unit wasn't "finding" it

So.....

Wipe the device and reset my H@H setup with the router. Now it's Showing properly UMA with little red bars.

I had to Manually Restore things like my Contact, and calendare with the DTM - but as far as it doing it "automatically" as it did with the Pearl - it's a no-go (at least for me)

The 'path of work' turned out to be

1. to NOT trasfer settings.
    2. Manually transfer the data through the DTM
    2. resend service books, etc.
    4. Set up H@H with the router.

I could not get the App-loader to operate in any way at all - it simply states "no applications availabe for this unit," or something like that. I had to trasfer things I wanted manually.

No third party apps would install via the loader either.

What is odd is that the apps showed up in the Loader after they were loaded OTA - but there was no other way to get them to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Perhaps there will be an update on software here -

All I can tell you is that "trasfer of settings" made the wi-fi still "visible" but somehow "killed" it.

CD

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: H@H Making it work - no DTM

any update? I notice you are active in another thread also. Let us know.

CustomDuals no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: H@H Making it work - no DTM

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    any update? I notice you are active in another thread also. Let us know.
    I've found that searching all board - the "universal recommened is to NOT use the convenient TRASFER SETTINGS.

Do your transfer manually through the DTM using "advanced" grabbing only those things which you need.

The general gist of what I've found seemes to be that UMA is a bit "twitchy" yet. They may need to do another rollout of firmward to work out the bugs for us "early adopters."

My experience thus far - and I've spent HOURS is:

1) Manually Transfer Setting to your new 8320.

2) Read the manual on UMA vs uma - there is a difference. Small uma does not give browsing over Wi-Fi, but call, and other things work.

3) No matter what I do, I can not get back to the "large" uma indicator on my 8320 - but then I don't browse much - as long as the "wi-fi" phone works, I'm pretty happy.

4) Resetting the router sometimes helps on the UMA settings, but not all the time in all circumstances. I'm sure is something that T-Mobile or BB needs to work out yet.

I have updated EVERYTHING here but still am UNABLE to transfer third party apps to the unit using the DTM.

Still snooping for a solution.

CD