Hi everyone. My H and J buttons on my 8300 barely ever work on the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

H and J Buttons

Advertisement

Hi everyone. My H and J buttons on my 8300 barely ever work on the first press. I really have to put lots of pressure on them to get them to work. Is there anyting I can do here or do I need to warranty again? Will be my fourth 8300 if I do and would much rather not have to do that.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    I read that moisture can cause the keys to malfunction. I personally have had issues with the keys on both the 88xx series, and the curves. Last curve I had , jad issues with the "d" key. You had to hit it twice to get it to work. Someone said set it in a warm dry place for a few days. And see it that helps. Just not in direct sunlight. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the reply Jason. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a moisture issue because this phone has never been wet at all. Honestly, I noticed the problem a couple times only a day or two after I received this latest warranty replacement . I will try keeping it in a warm, dry place though just in case. Thanks again.

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Just a thought, I never got the other 8300 wet either. I just thought it was a quality control issue. There have been reports of funky keys lately. Namely with the curve. You love the device, just wonder about the quirks. And if you're getting refurbs, just makes me wonder again, what the technicians are doing when testing the devices for reship.

Were you ever able to get your keys working right again or did you have to get a new device?