i cant find anywhere that clearly states what the hell is up with these OS ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Afrikaaner no está en línea Stack level 1

Grr OS headaches

Advertisement

i cant find anywhere that clearly states what the hell is up with these OS versions. I have a CDMA verizon wireless 8330 on a BES server, i have admin access to BES. first, what is the latest official OS release, second what is the latest beta release, and third, is it safe for me, a CDMA vzw BES 8330 user to upgrade to the latest beta or w/e? and as a followup, if the latest isnt safe to update to, what is the latest OS version i can trust? thanks in advance

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    The latest official OS release for the 8330 is 4.3.0.127.

The latest beta I think for 8330 is 4.5.0.55/51 (one of those two)

Unfortunately I can't judge if it is safe for you to upgrade to a beta version, think about whether the possibility of running beta software (which has the potential to have a security leak somewhere, or any form of instability towards applications your BES may rely on for business) can provide a threat to the daily operations of your system.

I put 4.5.0.45 on mine not too long ago, quickly downgraded since I saw no vast improvement to the system, with the exception of the Google Search bar in the browser and little things like that. But no way in hell would I have put beta software through a BES that I was administering.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually, the latest version for the CDMA 8330 is 4.5.0.66. I haven't tried it yet. I am currently running 4.5.0.51 with no issues. Hopefully the official release will be coming our way soon.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Actually, the latest version for the CDMA 8330 is 4.5.0.66. I haven't tried it yet. I am currently running 4.5.0.51 with no issues. Hopefully the official release will be coming our way soon.
    4.5.0.66 is a beta release. rmerck was correct in his statement regarding the "official" release.

::edit:: Just saw where you got that idea when he said that .55 is the latest beta. Sorry to have interjected!

ok but seeing as i have admin rights to everything, would you vote yes or no to it being worth a try? bc right now youtube crashing is really pissing me off.

oh and 4.5.0.69 is apparently out as of Aug 3rd